Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Henry Richards
Henry Richards began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Newbie with questions

I am new to this sort of thing and I hope I am "posting" in the right manner.
I live in California, today is Mother's Day ("Hi Mom"). I was referred to Calibre when searching for means to convert formats and how to use EPUB. I have 2 e-readers (Kindle and PRS-600) and 2 libraries + an Adobe EPUB library which I hope to manage with Calibre.... looks promising.
My biggest question now is how to manage BOTH of my readers with Calibre.
I will search the forum for answers. If anyone replies to my post, I won't know it unless I get some email message.
Hope to be more experienced next time I post.
Thanks for putting up with this.
rhr
Henry Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
TheBookMonster
iReader
TheBookMonster began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch 4
What do you mean how do you manage both readers? You can convert all your books to the format of the reader and transfer the books. The converted books are stored locally on your computer.
TheBookMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Henry. As Monster says, you should have no problem downloading in the format of choice to both readers from the same Calibre library -- that is as long as an ebook isn't padlocked by DRM software which means it can't be converted without first stripping the DRM. Although most here feel that to be a morally justified process, it's not legal and we can't discuss it on these boards (how-to instructions are all over the net, though). Luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Henry and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….

Have you discovered the Calibre Forum ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote