Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
ASCM File extension, wont opened in Adobe Digital Edition

Hi,

Got problem I hope people here can help. I just borrowed/downloaded ebooks from my public library but I cant opened it with Adobe Digital Edition. The books I downloaded didn't appeared in the borrowed section in my Adobe Digital Edition. I look at My Digital Editions Files in windows explorer but there was no book there. What should I do to open these .ascm files? PLS Help!!!
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Under Windows, try right clicking on the .acsm file and selecting open with Adobe Digital Editions. I'm not sure this will work, but it is worth trying.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Per this helpful faq, try upgrading your ADE installed on your computer.

Worth a shot!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
thanks all! It works now....
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
hermanader
hermanader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Solution that works with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Hi,

Got problem I hope people here can help. I just borrowed/downloaded ebooks from my public library but I cant opened it with Adobe Digital Edition. The books I downloaded didn't appeared in the borrowed section in my Adobe Digital Edition. I look at My Digital Editions Files in windows explorer but there was no book there. What should I do to open these .ascm files? PLS Help!!!
I had the same problem. The solution that worked for me was as follows.

1. Close Adobe Digital Editions (should be version 1.7.1.)
2. Click on the downloaded .acsm file

After this, Adobe DE self-starts and starts downloading the item you request.
If you have several items of this kind, you need not close Adobe DE again.

I hope this works for you,

Herman
hermanader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert