Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #1816
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
This is all germane to me. It looks like I'm going to have to get a new cellular service plan and probably new cellular phone, too (can you detect the enthusiasm in my voice? ha).

Whether or not a phone plays DSD or not is probably not going to be all that important when all's said and done. The only time that I'm going to obtain a DSD is when I catch one free. I can't or won't pay for the improvement, I don't have the equipment to do it justice and don't foresee buying it anytime in the future, and don't have the ear to tell the difference (literally, "ear" and not "ears." I don't think that my hearing has been the same in one ear since a nurse practioner, registered nurse, whoever at an urgent care, where I went for pain in an ear from wax accumulation, place put some stuff in ear and let it boil for 5 minutes. I checked the box that the stuff came in, and it said 3 minutes! The hearing in that ear has slowly improved from her treatment, but I'm still not sure that it's back to where it used to be. Ah, the joys of living in a backwater . . . .)

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-28-2017 at 09:49 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #1817
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
<snip>
Sony phones are not common in the USA and my understanding is this is because the large majority of phones there are bought as part of or tied to cellular service providers' plans and Sony has not been able, or maybe not tried hard, to break into that (Nokia used to be the same). I also understand that Sony may be taking an interest in trying.
<snip>
It's good to know that I'm not losing my mind, and that I was right (well, I may be losing my mind, but this doesn't indicate it. ha) about the rarity of Sony phones.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-28-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #1818
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
CD box sets...

The Yardbirds Story - $11.93 + 3.99
https://www.amazon.com/Yardbirds-Sto...dp/B000H8SEAI/

The Alan Price Set - Twice the Price - $17.09
https://www.amazon.com/Twice-Price-P...dp/B06XHGMPWL/

Roland Kirk - OAS - $14.99
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Albu...dp/B011Q9HH68/

Billy Cobham - OAS - $14.38
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Albu...dp/B009PHRIEA/

Django Reinhardt - OAS - $14.99
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Albu...dp/B00KNSLI6Y/

Count Basie - OAS - $14.99
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Albu...dp/B00JH53O98/

Charles Mingus - OAS - $14.39
https://www.amazon.com/Blues-Roots-P...dp/B005DEVGWO/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:39 PM   #1819
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
cont'd...
Just as a close out - I downloaded the Chopin DSD file you linked to earlier and can confirm that Sony's Media Go application plays it on the PC just as Sony claims.

(My Sony phone also played it, so that was good to confirm for me too.)

Thanks.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:52 PM   #1820
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
Just as a close out - I downloaded the Chopin DSD file you linked to earlier and can confirm that Sony's Media Go application plays it on the PC just as Sony claims.

(My Sony phone also played it, so that was good to confirm for me too.)

Thanks.
YW. Thanks for the good news.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:06 AM   #1821
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Get one free track from Navis Classics Naum Grubert, piano, Chopin Recital.

This is a DSD64. Not all audio players can play this format, apparently. Yours may not. I couldn't find one among the players (freebies, shareware, etc.) on my computer that would. I'm going to find one, if possible, on CNET downloads or somewhere else. In the meantime, if you find a free one that will play this, please pass along the information to the rest of us.

https://www.nativedsd.com/. Link is near the top of the page on a semi-transparent button on a photo of Naum Grubert (dressed in a suit!) walking through some sand dunes).
Apparently, some people had problems receiving the freebie using the link that I gave above. There may not have been any MobileReaders among those people, but in case there were, native DSD is giving this link to the free track.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-31-2017 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:52 PM   #1822
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Classic Select has Jazz 4-CD box sets on sale again, and most of them seem to be cheaper than on Amazon. https://www.classicselect.com/collec...ed-sets?page=1

These are put out by Real Gone Jazz and I've got a few from them. I've been happy with their quality.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #1823
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for that link, Christa! I wasn't aware of that site.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #1824
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free movie from Google Play for a limited time:

A Stork's Journey, a feature-length animated children's nature adventure film @ Google Play (available to Canadians, possibly also elsewhere as well)

Available exclusively for FREE on Google Play for a limited time before theaters starting June 1! Featuring the voice talents of Drake Bell (Superhero Movie, “Drake and Josh”), YouTube star Justine “iJustine” Ezarik and Jane Lynch (“Glee”, Wreck-It Ralph), "A Stork's Journey" follows Richard, a sparrow orphaned at birth and raised by storks who believes that he is a stork, too! But when winter comes and the storks prepare to migrate to Africa, his stork family must reveal his true identity and leave him behind in the forest with the other sparrows since he would not survive the long journey. Determined to prove he is a stork after all, Richard ventures south on an epic adventure, accompanied by friends big and small, to unleash his true potential and be reunited with his family.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #1825
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Free movie from Google Play for a limited time:

A Stork's Journey, a feature-length animated children's nature adventure film @ Google Play (available to Canadians, possibly also elsewhere as well)

Available exclusively for FREE on Google Play for a limited time before theaters starting June 1! Featuring the voice talents of Drake Bell (Superhero Movie, “Drake and Josh”), YouTube star Justine “iJustine” Ezarik and Jane Lynch (“Glee”, Wreck-It Ralph), "A Stork's Journey" follows Richard, a sparrow orphaned at birth and raised by storks who believes that he is a stork, too! But when winter comes and the storks prepare to migrate to Africa, his stork family must reveal his true identity and leave him behind in the forest with the other sparrows since he would not survive the long journey. Determined to prove he is a stork after all, Richard ventures south on an epic adventure, accompanied by friends big and small, to unleash his true potential and be reunited with his family.
Thanks
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #1826
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks
But does the storybook tell everything about storks? In particular, how storks don't really take new babies to houses, but newborn babies are brought to houses by the parents having s*x?

On second thought, I guess that the kids need to be a little older than the target age of this movie before they learn about that . . . . ha

In all seriousness, the mother of an Alabama friend of mine told her daughter that she (the mother) had found her under a cabbage leaf! I don't know how old the daughter was before she discovered the truth. Probably some time after learning that there really was no Santa Claus or tooth fairy.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-02-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:03 PM   #1827
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
But does the storybook tell everything about storks? In particular, how storks don't really take new babies to houses, but newborn babies are brought to houses by the parents having s*x?

On second thought, I guess that the kids need to be a little older than the target age of this movie before they learn about that . . . . ha

In all seriousness, the mother of an Alabama friend of mine told her daughter that she (the mother) had found her under a cabbage leaf! I don't know how old the daughter was before she discovered the truth. Probably some time after learning that there really was no Santa Claus or tooth fairy.
Storks have long sharp beaks. Mama storks use their beaks to knit baby sock monkeys just before delivering them. That's how I came to be
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:31 PM   #1828
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Storks have long sharp beaks. Mama storks use their beaks to knit baby sock monkeys just before delivering them. That's how I came to be
Lightning could strike you at any minute, telling a whopper like that.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #1829
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

oldies.com has 450 CDs on sale for 99 cents each. Sale ends today.

https://www.oldies.com/collection-vi....html?sort=low
Old 06-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #1830
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
oldies.com has 450 CDs on sale for 99 cents each. Sale ends today.

https://www.oldies.com/collection-vi....html?sort=low
I'm glad you posted this because I was going to, but got so caught up in placing an order yesterday that I completely forgot to post it here. I got quite a haul for only $23.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere