Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #601
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Sorry, that was a Freudian typo, probably caused by me thinking it should be life+50, I realise, of course, that in the UK it's life+70 and have seen the banner statements in the library.
Thanks for the info about the author's death date.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #602
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Proust - Remembrance of Things Past

Marcel Proust himself died in 1922, and Scott Moncrieff, who translated all but the last book of Proust's masterwork, died in 1930.

So it should nearly all be in the public domain - and even the last volume, translated by Sydney Schiff, who died in 1944, should be available the year after next.

Does anyone know if there are well-formatted copies of the later books (the first two were tackled by Patricia Clark) anywhere?

If not, maybe I should be having a go at the Gutenberg Australia .txt versions myself.
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #603
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araucaria View Post
Marcel Proust himself died in 1922, and Scott Moncrieff, who translated all but the last book of Proust's masterwork, died in 1930.

So it should nearly all be in the public domain - and even the last volume, translated by Sydney Schiff, who died in 1944, should be available the year after next.

Does anyone know if there are well-formatted copies of the later books (the first two were tackled by Patricia Clark) anywhere?

If not, maybe I should be having a go at the Gutenberg Australia .txt versions myself.
I haven't ever seen Patricia Clark's versions of Proust in the MR library. If I had, I might not have searched avidly for other versions.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #604
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araucaria View Post
The university of Adelaide has them all, with italics and accents, and the last volume translated by Stephen Hudson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I haven't ever seen Patricia Clark's versions of Proust in the MR library. If I had, I might not have searched avidly for other versions.
But they’re there there!
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #605
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
The university of Adelaide has them all, with italics and accents, and the last volume translated by Stephen Hudson.
Thanks very much Pynch, a great improvement on PG Australia - but even the University of Adelaide version of (for example) The Guermantes Way seems to come as half a dozen separate files - designed more for reading on-line rather than in e-book format. But it will need a great deal less work to get it into a finished product.

Thanks again

PS I think Patricia Clark didn't get round to an epub version ......
Old 07-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #606
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
I’m not sure I know what you mean with “half a dozen separate files”—have you tried the epub buttons?
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #607
Araucaria
Bibliophile

Proust - Remembrance of Things Past

Having just put some of the University of Adelaide files into Sigil, I have to say they are looking very good indeed. I'll put them up into the library in the next day or two (or fortnight ....). It just depends on how quiet my cork-lined room turns out to be.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #608
Araucaria
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
I’m not sure I know what you mean with “half a dozen separate files”—have you tried the epub buttons?
Hits forehead with heavy object .....

I didn't even see them. How stupid of me. And what elegantly prepared versions. Thanks very much.

I looked only at the "download" button.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 AM   #609
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If there's an out of copyright translation, I'd be hugely grateful for an lrf of Maxim Gorky's Childhood.
Thanks.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #610
BookCat
C L J

Me again! Is there some strange reason why Daniel Defoe's 'Roxana' isn't in the library? Would be grateful for an lrf version please, but I could easily convert an epub, using Calibre.
Thanks.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #611
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Me again! Is there some strange reason why Daniel Defoe's 'Roxana' isn't in the library? Would be grateful for an lrf version please, but I could easily convert an epub, using Calibre.
Thanks.
It is only because someone has not posted it. There is a reasonable version on Project Gutenberg in ePub format, even an illustrated one. It contains: THE FORTUNATE MISTRESS: A HISTORY OF THE LIFE OF ROXANA and a Continuation. It could use some formatting help.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30344

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 07-16-2013 at 08:25 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #612
BookCat
C L J

Thank you Dale.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #613
JeffZ
Zealot
JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Does anyone happen to have the full 40-chapter version of Bram Stoker's Lair of the White Worm? The 28-chapter abridged version is in the MR library, but not the original.

thanks
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #614
Araucaria
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffZ View Post
Does anyone happen to have the full 40-chapter version of Bram Stoker's Lair of the White Worm? The 28-chapter abridged version is in the MR library, but not the original.

thanks
I found it here: http://en.bookfi.org/book/287980

I have just uploaded a version in the epub section, but be warned - it hasn't been proofread. Though it is all forty chapters.

Last edited by Araucaria; 08-08-2013 at 04:58 AM. Reason: book upload
Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #615
JeffZ
Zealot
JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Thank you for the Stoker upload.
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote