Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Charger

Whoo Hoo! Both my readers came today! The 5" is charging for 12 hours (forever!). But, I got my 6" EZ Reader off ebay, and it came without the charging block. When I plug it into my usb port Windows pops up and says it isn't recognized. Will it still charge? Can I order a replacement charging block? Or can I just use an iPod block like this one? http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-PowerB.../ref=pd_cp_e_1
Thanks for the help!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You can use the 5" charger on the 6", or probably any USB charger that provides 5.0 V 1.0 Amp output.

The one you point to apparently supplies 0.5 Amp, which is the USB spec and so that should also work (just like plugging it into your laptop).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Thanks for the info. I would use the 5" for the 6", but I think the 5" will be going to my mom's or sister's home very soon. I am just the test guinea pig for all electronics in my family. Not that I am complaining! More shiny toys to play with.
Oh, I know you used OI on your v3, have you ever tried the tirwal firmware? It does look enticing.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote