Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-31-2018, 07:35 AM   #1
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
File management

I have an Icarus E654BK and would like to switch from an icon view to a list view with no icons and don't seem to be able to find such a setting. I can flip between various views with icons but what I'm after is a more condensed view so when I'm browsing 'Books' I can see more than 9 directories per screen (at the moment I have 92 pages of author directories or 138 pages on a 6 directory setting...)

Can anyone suggest an app to do this or tell me where to find such a setting?
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:09 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If KOReader runs on your device (it runs fine on some Android devices, but not well or at all on a few) it has a variety of display modes for its File Browser and for its History listing of files that have been opened. I like a simple file listing for the browser, (I have it set to have 23 lines per page) and the History set with a thumbnail and metadata for each file/ebook. This thread might help.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Might help if the Icarus would get into Github - I get 'couldn't establish a secure connection' and then it says the page is not available. I can get into the page on the Mac OK, but the Icarus won't go there...

[UPDATE] After fiddling around downloading the file onto the Mac, moving into Google Drive, installing the Drive app on the Icarus, I finally got KOReader installed on the Icarus. I'm not sure what's going on - it's seeing multiple folders for each author - Firstname Lastname, and Lastname, Firstname which is not helpful. Oddly, the original file manager doesn't see this.

Is there a detailed instruction set somewhere? I'd also like to see series information as well as title.

Spoke too soon - it won't restart after sleep. I'm just getting a black screen.

Last edited by maddz; 05-31-2018 at 03:22 PM.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:01 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I would try again, sometimes it takes a start or two to have the device's mounting process timing allow all of the program to be setup for the device. Check out the WiKi link from the post I linked to. If you have the series data in the metadata for the book file you have a few options to have it display with the title or author.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote