Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
r_avital
r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 2 9.7"
Bookari/Mantano and dictionaries

Hello all, new to these forums.
I have searched these forums for a solution to this problem and could not find anything.

I use bookari, and it seems limited to installing dictionaries from a download list in the settings screen. This seems silly, since I have dictionaries like Merriam Webster and Oxford, already on the device. The dictionaries available for download are definitely limited and inferior.

Does anyone know of a way to have Montano access dictionaries that already exists on the device, and not any of the downloadable dictionaries allowed on the settings screen?

Thank you in advance for your help, and best regards to all
r_avital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:05 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_avital View Post
I have searched these forums for a solution to this problem and could not find anything.

I use bookari, and it seems limited to installing dictionaries from a download list in the settings screen. This seems silly, since I have dictionaries like Merriam Webster and Oxford, already on the device. The dictionaries available for download are definitely limited and inferior.

Does anyone know of a way to have Montano access dictionaries that already exists on the device, and not any of the downloadable dictionaries allowed on the settings screen?

What device so I can get this moved to the proper forum?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_avital View Post

Android: Did you try installing ColorDict and using it and load your dictionaries to it?
iOS: Not possible directly

2Cinisajoy: Bookari is great reading app for Android (they even have special 'E-ink mode') and iOS

Last edited by vikarti; 03-28-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typo fix
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I can definitely vouch for the ColorDict method on Android.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Android forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bookari is also an iOS app. But without any indication from the OP which platform he's using, this is probably as good a place as any to move it.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:42 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Given that the user lists an Android device in his profile, it seemed the appropriate place .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

There is that.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #9
r_avital
r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.r_avital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 2 9.7"
Sorry for the delay. I didn't think the actual hardware mattered, since this is the android version of Bookari. Anyway, this is a Samsung SM-T535.

As for the Colordict method: As far as I can tell, I can download specific dictionaries into Colordict, but not the ones I'm interested in.

Within Bookari, you can also access Google, Wikipedia and such, but I was looking for a method to leverage the dictionaries I already have on-board. I guess at this point, it's not possible.

If I misunderstood anything, I'd be grateful for a correction.

Thanks again to all
r_avital is offline   Reply With Quote