Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
r2xman
r2xman began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
conversion truncates book

I am trying to put a .chm textbook into my iPhone using calibre and my mac.
It works except that the converted book has been truncated, and is only the first third or so of the original. It is the same truncated version whether viewed in calibre on my mac or after transfer to the iPhone. Thanks.
r2xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
r2xman
r2xman began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
On further investigation it is the table of contents that is truncated, not the entire book. Could someone give me some guidance for how to fix this. I've looked in the manual and I get the impression that the metadata must be the problem. I tried the "Edit metadata" route but I can't figure out how to get to the metadata for the table of contents or how to edit it.
r2xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
By default calibre limits a table of contents built from links to 50 items. Look under Table of contents int he conversion dialog to change that limit.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote