Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
How much would it cost?

If someone came up to you and told you that they really wanted to punch you in the belly and was willing to pay you for your trouble what would be the lowest price you would be willing to settle for?

The guy doing the hitting would be just a regular guy and not a trained fighter. No permanent damage would occur and the only injury you would have is just a badly bruised belly. No retaliation of any form would be allowed.

How much?

I would let someone punch me in the belly for no less than $60.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
several hundred thousand dollars
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You really wouldnt let someone punch you in the belly for 75,000 tax free?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I really wouldn't let anybody punch me in the stomach for ANY amount of money. Really.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Considering I've had worse entirely voluntarily and for free from sports and the like... it would probably be a case of how much would it cost for me to not hit back.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #6
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I don't need money that bad! But I reckon I could take a hit to the gut for $1000. Bring it on!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
happy_terd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I really wouldn't let anybody punch me in the stomach for ANY amount of money. Really.
Not even a million???
Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Betty! stop hitting me! owww

Ok hand over that $1000...

Old 01-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #10
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Not even a million???
I dunno. I mean, if I was desperate for money to feed my family or something, maybe I could be paid to do it. But otherwise? I don't think so. I'm pretty much one of those tree-hugger pacifists.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Betty! stop hitting me! owww

Ok hand over that $1000...

Sorry! I was just admiring your bathing suit!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #12
happy_terd
Banned

I would let them spank me for free.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #13
happy_terd
Banned

I would probably even pay them to hit me.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #14
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I would probably even pay them to hit me.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:25 AM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I dunno. I mean, if I was desperate for money to feed my family or something, maybe I could be paid to do it. But otherwise? I don't think so. I'm pretty much one of those tree-hugger pacifists.
I'm not. not even remotely. but there's all sorts of things I'll do because it is something that I believe in that you couldn't pay me to do
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote