Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #106
fanman
fanman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Is it possible to launch CoolReader on Kobo Glo?
fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #107
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanman View Post
Is it possible to launch CoolReader on Kobo Glo?
I think, yes. Cool Reader for Kindle can be used as origin. But I don't know if I have time for it. Probably yes.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #108
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor
insmod: can't insert '/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/g_ether.ko': invalid module format
This error states that (probably) another kernel version and (probably) another kernel konfiguration should be taked. I'll have a look on that.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #109
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Just a short heads up, the launcher and programs work fine on the Aura.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #110
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Probably you know that, but I found a web page about how to compile a module for a specific kernel: http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.6/html/x380.html
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #111
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

sergey, you used the Diablo free armel too? Since I tried to follow this steps but nothing.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #112
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
The Glo already has the proper USB networking modules in /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/, just change the insmod lines in .kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh:
Code:
insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #113
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Ahah! Something happens, thank you Kevin! Ubuntu rewcgnize a wired connection... but it can't connect. I think the problem is it recognize usb and my router as the same connection.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #114
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Done! I added a new wired connection, giving the kobo MAC address and setting a manual ip with address 192.168.2.100 and netmask the usual 255.255.255.0.
You can find the MAC address using ifconfig usb0 (it's the HWaddr).

Thank you all very very much!

EDIT: I have only a big trouble, I must change every time the MAC address, since it's not the MAC address of the physical device, but the usb0 MAC. If you know a way to make it static, give me a call

RE-EDIT: I probably found a way: http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ether...ic_Mac_Address

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 05-04-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #115
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
Thanks! Good news!

Quote:
I think the problem is it recognize usb and my router as the same connection.
I've removed network manager long time ago and I'm heppy! Probably we can pass MAC address as parameter for the kernel module g_ether.ko, but I didn't find how to do it in google for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort
The Glo already has the proper USB networking modules in /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/, just change the insmod lines in .kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh:
Thanks, Kevin

I thought that these modules are for older Kobo Touch devices...

Of cause very interesting will be detect device type (e.g. by serial number) and select right drivers...
Old 05-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #116
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
Which version of the firmware?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #117
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
EDIT: I have only a big trouble, I must change every time the MAC address, since it's not the MAC address of the physical device, but the usb0 MAC. If you know a way to make it static, give me a call
I've found a syntax

Try something like that:

modprobe g_ether host_addr=00:dc:c8:f7:75:05 dev_addr=00:dd:dc:eb:6d:f1

In our case:

insmod /drivers/ntx508/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko host_addr=00:dc:c8:f7:75:05 dev_addr=00:dd:dc:eb:6d:f1

Reference:

http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/dok...adget:ethernet
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #118
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

You're my hero ^^ Strangely ifconfig usb0 on the server doesn't work anymore... but who cares?

Now I have only other two problems: I can't mount the partition with sshfs:

Code:
$ sudo sshfs -o sftp_server=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server root@192.168.2.101:/ /media/kobo
root@192.168.2.101's password: 
remote host has disconnected
Is it a problem with sftp-server?

Furthermore I noticed that even if I exit the launcher, if I reconnect the Kobo with the usb to the server, dropbear is still running. Can't you change he usbnet button to "disable usbnet" when clicked, and add this script?

Code:
killall dropbear
ifconfig usb0 down
busybox rmmod g_ether
busybox rmmod arcotg_udc
PS: the other launcher applications and the launcher itself are killed after you exit the launcher?

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 05-08-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #119
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Now I have only other two problems: I can't mount the partition with sshfs:

Code:
$ sudo sshfs -o sftp_server=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server root@192.168.2.101:/ /media/kobo
root@192.168.2.101's password: 
remote host has disconnected
Is it a problem with sftp-server?
Wrong path. Should be

sudo sshfs -o sftp_server=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/sftp-server ...

Quote:
Furthermore I noticed that even if I exit the launcher, if I reconnect the Kobo with the usb to the server, dropbear is still running. Can't you change he usbnet button to "disable usbnet" when clicked, and add this script?
Ok, I'll try

Quote:
PS: the other launcher applications and the launcher itself are killed after you exit the launcher?
sure
Old 05-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #120
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi!

Kobo Launcher applications

1. pbchess
2. checkers
3. reversi (othello)
4. sokoban
5. gomoku
6. notepad
7. calculator
----
8. CoolReader (in plans ...)
After the release of firmware 2.5.2 it seems that your plans of a CoolReader port are our best chance of ever getting a usable reading app. Please don't give up on that, Sergey!
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote