Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 02:07 PM   #31
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
We have home deliveries in theory, but in reality the waiting times are so long now that you have to go shopping yourself. A week, at least.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:21 PM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I just came from the Market. BARE SHELVES in many area.
Who bought all my pasta ? (3 boxes of some odd style out of the usual 20ft of tall shelves) No Milk. Big Gaps in frozen. Empty Produce bins But lots of expensive Wine
Advert
Old 03-17-2020, 03:40 PM   #33
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
High risk here: 70 years old, diabetes, heart disease, COPD... need I say more? I’m trying to avoid all contact but that isnt possible. Supermarkets have stopped home deliveries, so when I need more supplies I will be forced to go out. Nobody to shop for me, you see. One of the hazards of being a hermit. That said, so far so good.
Not sure what your situation is, but perhaps a neighbor would do a pick up for you. If not that, then perhaps someone who needs some money might. I'm already seeing people offer locally.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #34
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Who bought all my pasta ? (3 boxes of some odd style out of the usual 20ft of tall shelves) No Milk. Big Gaps in frozen. Empty Produce bins But lots of expensive Wine
If you have lots of expensive wine, who needs Pasta?
Old 03-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #35
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm so jealous hearing you guys say that. I have to work from home. Usually, working from home is a perk, but now it means I can't just say home and live the lush life
I'm retired now, but worked from home for a number of years. Of course, the way the stock market is going that retired part might change!

I found out last night that the karate school that I teach at is closed for the duration, so I now have more time on my hands.

I actually have lots of stuff to do, it's just a case of what am I in the mood to do. Lots of stuff to read, watch, listen to and learn.
Advert
Old 03-17-2020, 05:03 PM   #36
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Went into the office today and got my laptop updated with a bit of kit so I can use it from home. 3pm - message round from senior management - as of tomorrow, all staff who are able to work from home must now work from home until the all-clear...

Fingers crossed, the bit of kit works...And it does.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:36 PM   #37
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It seems like... maybe the panic buying's slowed way down by now. At work the store looked... a lot more normal than it has in days.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Last time I went food shopping on Saturday, there was no pasta, hardly any bread, no long life milk, oatmeal was almost gone, toilet paper and paper towels almost gone (just some of the store brand left of both), and no hand sanitizer.

The frozen wasn't decimated. I expected the cereal isle to be more decimated. But I supposed, if you don't have nay milk, the oatmeal can be made with water.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:16 PM   #39
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
I check several of the high risk boxes but broke my social distancing to go vote. One voter was leaving as I pulled in to park right in front of the door which was opened for me by a poll worker. Every thing wiped down between voters and hand sanitizer available. Didn’t need to use the gloves, mask or wipes that I took with me. I was the only voter in the room. Even though I went out, it was still quiet time.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #40
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I think that limiting store operating hours has made things worse. Now the stores are even more crowded with panic buyers than before. I have always preferred to shop very early in the morning when there aren't any crowds. At 6:00 AM today I watched 3 different people walk out of a store with about 150 gallons of water each. The store was crowded with panic buyers. The staff was trying to put out stock and people were taking cans of vegetables out of their hands before they could put them on the shelves. I left in disgust.
Sam's Club has set their ours at 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM for all members. Now business members, who need to purchase store supplies before they open, are out of luck. Regular members are only losing a half hour at the end of the day.
Apache
Old 03-17-2020, 08:05 PM   #41
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
They shortened the opening hours at work, I was lucky enough to get in the building about half an hour before the store opened, if I hadn't I'm not sure how I could have gotten in without like 20 people barging in after they let me in.

By the time I went home at 2 PM, though, it was reasonably calm.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:50 PM   #42
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Its getting to be spring up here, and my front balcony is clear of snow. I think I'm gonna get back into tai chi. I lost a lot of nerves in my legs and feet fron chemo, but I guess its time to get back into it.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #43
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
My sister is an RN for a Dialysis Center. Last night she was informed that she had to stay home and be quarantined. She had a patient that has tested positive for the virus last Monday. So she has been exposed for over a week before they informed her. She has treated a lot of patients since then. She is not showing any signs of the virus, but I do not know why they have not tested her to she if she has it. Luckily she has not been around our mother or my wife in over tow weeks.
Apache
Old 03-18-2020, 10:02 AM   #44
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I'm retired now, but worked from home for a number of years. Of course, the way the stock market is going that retired part might change!

I found out last night that the karate school that I teach at is closed for the duration, so I now have more time on my hands.

I actually have lots of stuff to do, it's just a case of what am I in the mood to do. Lots of stuff to read, watch, listen to and learn.
Some dance studios and martial arts schools are doing live streaming virtual classes for their students. It keeps the income flowing and gives bored kids (and adults) something to do.

Shari
Old 03-18-2020, 10:30 AM   #45
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Last time I went food shopping on Saturday, there was no pasta, hardly any bread, no long life milk, oatmeal was almost gone, toilet paper and paper towels almost gone (just some of the store brand left of both), and no hand sanitizer.

The frozen wasn't decimated. I expected the cereal isle to be more decimated. But I supposed, if you don't have nay milk, the oatmeal can be made with water.
Hand sanitizer disappeared here early - I didn't get any. I thought the moderators missed a question opportunity at the Biden/Sanders debate the other night. They asked the candidates about what they would do if they were in charge of the current situation, then went on to what they personally were doing to avoid getting sick. Of course the candidates said they were canceling rallies, not shaking hands, washing hands, using hand sanitizer, etc. The moderators should have asked them where they got the hand sanitizer, and if they were elected what they would do to make important products widely available and prevent hoarding!

Food didn't start disappearing from the stores until the last few days. I wanted to get some bread for sandwiches in case my local fast food takeout places close but the store bread shelves were empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
I check several of the high risk boxes but broke my social distancing to go vote. One voter was leaving as I pulled in to park right in front of the door which was opened for me by a poll worker. Every thing wiped down between voters and hand sanitizer available. Didn’t need to use the gloves, mask or wipes that I took with me. I was the only voter in the room. Even though I went out, it was still quiet time.
I don't understand why all the states didn't postpone the primaries. I expect a lot of people who wanted to vote didn't get to because they were afraid to go to the polls. I'm fortunate that my state had already voted before all these closures started happening.
Closed Thread