Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-05-2020, 11:17 PM   #46
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
When I was young I read lots of 1950's - early 60's era mystery pulps. Every once in a while I read one now. Few people read them anymore. Last year I read, along with 56 other people, Have Gat - Will Travel by Richard S. Prather. Last month I read Alley Girl by Jonathan Craig along with 53 other readers.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:57 PM   #47
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
2018: High Noon At Midnight by Michael Avallone with ZERO other people reading it. It was the final book of the Ed Noon series. Where are all my fellow Ed Noon people!? I know you all were sucking up those free books on Amazon! Bought the paperback and converted it to ebook so that I could read it.

Listing 2019 or 2020 both have a least count for short stories, so they aren't technically books.

Last edited by Tarana; 03-06-2020 at 12:03 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2020, 12:50 AM   #48
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Last year, my least popular was 7 other readers, and my most popular was 130k readers. Oh, and I gave it a generous 2 stars and marked it Abandoned. Total c**p.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:38 AM   #49
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
most 10.800 ---- least 2 (as of this year)

Seems like i read the less popular stuff at the moment

Browsing back, the most extreme 2011

most 1,967,263 ---- least 3

A Game of Thrones ---- Alter Sack, Was Nun?

Arg posting photo's sucks (if you need to use Google Photo (that also sucks monkeyballs))

Last edited by Roos; 03-06-2020 at 06:46 AM. Reason: adding info
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:54 AM   #50
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
From 2019 stats

Least: 2
Most: 423,243
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2020, 05:59 AM   #51
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Went back through my history. Quite a few years with single digit least read books.

The winner though is from 2012:

Least: 0
Most: 1,610,600

A best-seller (The Book Thief) versus a self-published book a friend wrote.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:53 AM   #52
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Checking my most popular, I see that for the current year and the last two, my top books were New Leaf Book Club selections, which is as long as it’s been in existence: Anne of Green Gables, The Graveyard Book and The Old Man and the Sea. As far as book club choices go, I’d then have to go back five years earlier to 2013, when my most popular was a Literary Club selection Lolita.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:25 AM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My 2019 most popular book is The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman with a total of 1,656,602.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #54
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My most popular book for last year was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone at 6,540,722 ratings.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #55
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I have tons of singular ones. Here's one at random. Here's another one.

(You'll find such on GR even less.)

On GR, Antigonus Of De Volksklagten by Theodoor Van Ryswyck in 2012. 0 others. I quit using GR in 2013/2014. Interestingly, some of those I thought would be low from other years had as many as 10 or 20 other people who also read it.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 03:58 AM   #56
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
My most popular book for last year was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone at 6,540,722 ratings.
Strange! Now Harry Potter has 6,474,483 ratings. Less than back in 2019.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #57
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
My least popular so far this year is Adam Robert's novella The Man Who Would Be Kling with 23 readers. It's kind of a mashup of Roadside Picnic, Star Trek fandom, and Kipling. Most popular was Cricket in Times Square.

Last year it was Among the Pathans by William Murray Graydon with 9 readers and a re-read of Foundation by Isaac Asimov with 422,511 readers.

Other years winners include:
Sherlock Holmes: The Adventure of the Antiquarian's Niece by Barbara Hambly -11
The Three Godfathers by Peter B. Kyne-38
Stories Toto Told Me by Frederick Rolfe-48
Jog Rummage by Grahame Wright - 23 (not bad at all)
Welsh Fargo by Harry Secombe (the actor and comedian) -24
The Secret Of The Crater: A Mountain Moloch by Duffield Osborne -0
Leningrad Nights: A Novella by Graham Joyce - 33
All the Western Stars by Philip Lee Williams - 41
Aaron by Hank Aaron - 22
Beyond the Poseidon Adventure by Paul Gallico - 99
The Link by Robin Maugham - 26
The Apostle by Sholem Asch - 108
Augustus goes South by LeGrand Henderson - 4

My Goodreads listings go back to the 60s.

Last edited by BenG; 03-18-2020 at 12:31 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:38 PM   #58
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
My Goodreads listings go back to the 60s.
Hum?? Is that number of readers? If you are referring to date, I vaguely remember using Goodreads near the end of 2006 when it was new.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #59
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hum?? Is that number of readers? If you are referring to date, I vaguely remember using Goodreads near the end of 2006 when it was new.
He's not wrong or lying. One can log in dates from the 60's.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:44 AM   #60
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I wanted to record every book I remember reading. I've got books going back to the early 60s. I can usually remember the year I read the earlier books if not the month. I have 2400 books listed, though they're not all fiction. I'm still trying to remember the titles to some and sometimes I'm reminded of books I had completely forgotten about.

Last edited by BenG; 03-19-2020 at 12:46 AM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote