Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-15-2019, 05:42 AM   #481
mia_corvere
mia_corvere began at the beginning.

Device: PC/K3
Hey! Thanks for your response!

Reading my original question is even making me confused....I was quite tired when I wrote it.

I read through the plugin thread. I didn't see anything that seemed to help, most of those posts are about people wanting fewer tags haha.

The book is here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36615592-ryan-s-bed

I'm not looking to sync my goodreads shelves to calibre, I dont use GR to manage books at all, I just want their metadata.

I want to sync the shelves to calibre.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tag.png
Views:	290
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	172402

As an example, I want to download 'suicide' as a tag.

These are my settings:

Name:	json.png
Views:	270
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	172403

Name:	mapping.png
Views:	324
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	172404

Name:	metadata.png
Views:	245
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	172405

And this is what I get as a result

Name:	result.png
Views:	247
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	172406

I am not sure if it an incorrect plugin setting or something to do with calibre itself. In hindsight I should have asked in the plugin forum but oh well.

I believe my problem may be that the more specific shelves like 'suicide' are user created and not a gr shelf and that this is why the plugin isn't receiving them.

Or maybe my mapping is wrong. I have essentially 0 experience with that sort of thing so that's certainly probable.

I hope this clears up what my goal is. If you're still confused, let me know and thanks again for your time and help.

Last edited by mia_corvere; 07-15-2019 at 05:44 AM.
mia_corvere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:20 AM   #482
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice

I'm going to merge this into the [Metadata Source Plugin] Goodreads plugin thread.

Please post questions specific to an optional plugin to its thread in the Plugins sub-forum, there's a sticky index at the top of that sub-forum.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2019, 08:21 AM   #483
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_corvere View Post
The plugin doesn't look at the "Top shelves" page. It only uses the genres shown on the books page. So, for this book, it will only see "Romance", "New Adult", "Young Adult", "Young Adult > High School" and "Contemporary". These are then filtered against the plugin's configuration. For me, and I think these are pretty much the defaults, this gives "Romance", "Young Adult" and "Contemporary".

I'm not very interested in going to the "Top shelves" page. That book has 24 pages. If you go to the first page, do you also go to the second? Where do you stop? If someone wants to write the code, I'll look at adding it, but, it definitely would need options to control what is retrieved.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:17 PM   #484
mia_corvere
mia_corvere began at the beginning.

Device: PC/K3
That answers my question, thank you so much.

I had imagined that I could limit the number of shelves to be downloaded to something like 30.

Name:	fowieanf.png
Views:	266
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	172415

Then if I got the first 30 shelves for 100 books, pretty much all of the purple shelves would be shared and would be trivial to delete with calibre. I would be left with the yellow tags which are more specific.

There's no need for anyone to develop this functionality though. It would have been convenient but I'll be fine without it.

Thanks again for your help!
mia_corvere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:53 AM   #485
MaienM
MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!MaienM rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_corvere View Post
I want to sync the shelves to calibre.
I wanted the same thing, and I ended up making a plugin to do this. It (currently) only looks at the first page, because I've found the number of people per shelf drops off so much after that that the tags don't make it through my thresholds anyway.

Maybe it'll be useful to you: Goodread More Tags
MaienM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2019, 11:02 AM   #486
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
You could guide me on this error, I do not know what the reason will be, I think it may be that the book is not in goodreaders or that it has some character both in the author's name and in the title. Or it could be something else. If someone could answer me, I would be very grateful.

calibre, version 3.47.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p> No book could be found that matched your search. Try making the search <b> less specific </b>. for example, use only the author's last name and a single word of the title. <p> To view the complete record, press «Show details».

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'identifiers': {}, u'authors': [u'Jos\xe9 Herrera Arcos'], u'title': u'Oscuras Realidades', u'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: Goodreads (1, 4, 0), Goodreads_Rating (0, 2, 6)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Goodreads (1, 4, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 2.06221795082
identify - start. title=Oscuras Realidades, authors=[u'Jos\xe9 Herrera Arcos'], identifiers={}
Querying: https://www.goodreads.com/search?sea...e=books&search[query]=Oscuras+Realidades+Jos%C3%A9+Herrera+Arcos
no isbn
response: <Element html at 0x7f075e7f1310>

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** Goodreads_Rating (0, 2, 6) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Goodreads_Rating took 2.27281498909
identify - start. title=Oscuras Realidades, authors=[u'Jos\xe9 Herrera Arcos'], identifiers={}
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?sear...e=books&search[query]=Oscuras+Realidades+Jos%C3%A9+Herrera+Arcos
no isbn
response: <Element html at 0x7f075e851890>

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 2.43 seconds
The longest time (2.272815) was taken by: Goodreads_Rating
Merging results from different sources
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:06 PM   #487
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
You could guide me on this error, I do not know what the reason will be, I think it may be that the book is not in goodreaders or that it has some character both in the author's name and in the title. Or it could be something else. If someone could answer me, I would be very grateful.

calibre, version 3.47.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p> No book could be found that matched your search. Try making the search <b> less specific </b>. for example, use only the author's last name and a single word of the title. <p> To view the complete record, press «Show details».

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'identifiers': {}, u'authors': [u'Jos\xe9 Herrera Arcos'], u'title': u'Oscuras Realidades', u'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: Goodreads (1, 4, 0), Goodreads_Rating (0, 2, 6)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Goodreads (1, 4, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 2.06221795082
Querying: https://www.goodreads.com/search?sea...e=books&search[query]=Oscuras+Realidades+Jos%C3%A9+Herrera+Arcos
no isbn
response: <Element html at 0x7f075e7f1310>

****************************** Goodreads_Rating (0, 2, 6) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Goodreads_Rating took 2.27281498909
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?sear...e=books&search[query]=Oscuras+Realidades+Jos%C3%A9+Herrera+Arcos
no isbn
response: <Element html at 0x7f075e851890>

The identify phase took 2.43 seconds
The longest time (2.272815) was taken by: Goodreads_Rating
Merging results from different sources
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
Can you find the book on Goodreads? Searching on the title alone finds this, but the author isn't what you have. And I can't find anything by an author that looks like what you have.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:03 AM   #488
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Apparently this author is not in goodreaders
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:33 PM   #489
scottpack
scottpack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Proposed Patch to Support Python 3

I ran into a few issues when attempting to import and use this plugin on Calibre 4.5 under Fedora 31 due to the Python 3 updates. Attached is a patch file that, in my initial testing, seems to work in a Python 3 environment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads_1.4.0_python3.patch.zip (3.5 KB, 193 views)
scottpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:01 PM   #490
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottpack View Post
I ran into a few issues when attempting to import and use this plugin on Calibre 4.5 under Fedora 31 due to the Python 3 updates. Attached is a patch file that, in my initial testing, seems to work in a Python 3 environment.
I can't really use that patch. It would make the plugin incompatible with the released non-Python 3 versions of calibre. And at the moment, they far out-number the Python 3 users. I am slowly going through the plugins I look after to update them. If you want to do this, you are welcome to. There are a couple of threads about this, so you can look at them to get an idea of how to keep the compatibility.

Otherwise, I'll probably do this soon. I have done enough that it loads without errors, but, it doesn't download the covers.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:20 AM   #491
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Calibre Python 3 beta

It looks like I had done more than I thought. The only thing left was getting covers.

The attached beta should work with any recent of calibre and any Python 3 based version of calibre. I have tested it, but, as always needs more. If anyone sees any problems, please report them here.

I forgot to push the upload button on the attachments dialog.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads-beta-py3.zip (23.6 KB, 279 views)

Last edited by davidfor; 01-12-2020 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:24 AM   #492
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It looks like I had done more than I thought. The only thing left was getting covers.

The attached beta should work with any recent of calibre and any Python 3 based version of calibre. I have tested it, but, as always needs more. If anyone sees any problems, please report them here.
Attachment, please.

Last edited by DNSB; 01-13-2020 at 10:51 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:33 AM   #493
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast
DictatorAlly began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hello, is it possible to use our own API key?
DictatorAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:45 AM   #494
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DictatorAlly View Post
Hello, is it possible to use our own API key?
This plugin doesn't use any API keys.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:29 PM   #495
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast
DictatorAlly began at the beginning.

Device: None
Ok, thank you. Has it been proposed before?
DictatorAlly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata