Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-02-2020, 12:54 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Deryni ebooks - Katherine Kurtz

I like her books, although they are very slow coming. When I was way younger they came in faster, and I also boght The Deryni Archives (book, not fanzine), which I cannot seem to find in ebook format.
Does anybody, short of asking Mrs. Kurtz, about the status of this book ?
It seems the only one which has no ebook form, right now.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I really like her books, but I have not read the title you mention, which appears to be a collection of short stories. Is that correct?

I first encountered her work through Lin Carter's Ballantine Adult Fantasy Series.

A great series.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:07 PM   #3
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I first encountered her work through Lin Carter's Ballantine Adult Fantasy Series.

A great series.
Now THOSE babies need to become ebooks!!!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I've got The Deryni Archives in book form, but I've never seen it in ebook format. I have all of her other Deryni books in ebook format. I would be a bit surprised if her short stories ever hit ebook.

My understanding is that the original trilogy was converted to ebook for Kurtz by a fan. I don't know who converted the rest. It could be they were converted around the same time that the Childe Morgan trilogy came out or they could have been converted because of the success of the Childe Morgan books.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:19 PM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Now THOSE babies need to become ebooks!!!
Some are. There are a few that haven't made it to ebook yet that I would really love.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:22 PM   #6
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I really like her books, but I have not read the title you mention, which appears to be a collection of short stories. Is that correct?

A great series.
Correct. It is a short stories collection. Wonder why they are left out.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #7
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I've got The Deryni Archives in book form, but I've never seen it in ebook format. I have all of her other Deryni books in ebook format. I would be a bit surprised if her short stories ever hit ebook.
What prompts you to say so ?
Old 04-02-2020, 07:02 PM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
What prompts you to say so ?
A number of reasons. First, copyright issues since it was a collection of short stories from different sources. Second, it's been about 4 years or so since she release most of the Deryni books as ebooks. In my library, I show them all being added in 2016, so they have been out at least that long. Last, I seem to recall reading her saying that the short story book didn't sell well. It's been quite a few years, so I could be misremembering that last point.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:33 PM   #9
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
I really enjoyed her Adept series.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote