Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #121
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Hi!
A quick feedback, please - is the party banner too big/flashy/...? It will be gone in 2-3 days, but I don't want to annoy with it, just to have some fun.

Thanks!
The concern your banner raises for me is what if everyone did it? Imagine if every author decided to make a flashing, banner-sized ad and placed it in their signature in hopes of selling more books. Maybe they can say it would only be for a few days as well. I believe if that occurred, people would be flocking to the Options section to uncheck "Show Signatures."

Is it fair to tell them that some people are allowed to put up such a banner, but they can't?
While I don't want to rain on anyone's fun, I do believe in being consistent.

Update: After further consideration, never mind. If you want to have a flashing banner, go for it. It's just that you asked for a quick feedback, and that was my initial thought. As it turns out, it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

Last edited by jinlo; 12-09-2010 at 08:01 PM.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #122
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
The thing with authors and signatures... is a long story
Put short:
I hope they never consider flashing banners for advertising *books*. I like the book covers, but flashing... too much. for me. I'll probably block the sig and never look at the books.
Which is also why I posted the feedback link in my signature - so I can avoid (too much) annoyance.

There are also 3 other factors as to why I did a flashing sig:

1. Further downscaling of the images makes the text too blurry to read properly and I didn't have the nerves to make it all over again. So it had to be animation.

2. I do not seek profit with it, it was just a fun invitation to a relatively small target group.

3. I tried to stay in the Lounge for the "banner time" so the "serious" people don't get the idea from me.

And finally: We have a wonderful moderator team here, so if things start getting out of control (or someone reports my or similar signatures) I'm sure the problem will be dealt with.

@beppe: I'm pending between and
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #123
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Th
@beppe: I'm pending between and
Pfui ...

aren't you funny. I really do not know why I sent you a kiss. Never kissed a guy in my life, and I do not want to start now. So I take it back unless somebody steals it. Give you a or two
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #124
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Ok, now it's definitely a
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #125
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Pfui ...

aren't you funny. I really do not know why I sent you a kiss. Never kissed a guy in my life, and I do not want to start now. So I take it back unless somebody steals it. Give you a or two
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:05 AM   #126
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I left this thread alone for a little while and I come back and beppe is kissing other guys? Of all people I might have expected this from.... I really didn't think I'd see this day....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:10 AM   #127
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I left this thread alone for a little while and I come back and beppe is kissing other guys? Of all people I might have expected this from.... I really didn't think I'd see this day....
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #128
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #129
Jedi Beavis
Jedi Beavis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Hello, I just joined after getting a Kindle for Christmas. How do I even add a signature? I have one I like to use, an image, but couldn't find the option.
Jedi Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #130
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Beavis View Post
Hello, I just joined after getting a Kindle for Christmas. How do I even add a signature? I have one I like to use, an image, but couldn't find the option.
Welcome to MobileRead, Jedi.

You need 10 posts and 8 days, after that, the 'add signature' option will appear automatically in your users cp.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #131
Jedi Beavis
Jedi Beavis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Jedi.

You need 10 posts and 8 days, after that, the 'add signature' option will appear automatically in your users cp.
Great, thanks!
Jedi Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #132
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Beavis View Post
Great, thanks!
I would like to add that a signature without pictures would be appreciated more. Otherwise Adblock Plus will have to be engaged.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote