Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #511
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
I guess, even if I don't run any apps requiring 8.1, I still need 8.1 at least to be able to install the newest firmware updates.
As far as I know, BYRead-V3.X .... can only be installed on Android 8.1
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:16 AM   #512
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
They are very polite and helpful.
To my question may I use v2.69 they did not answer, but they sent me a working link to version 2.42.
Also, working links to Alita and Ares upgrade guides - they were not working as well.
Turns out, in those guides are working links to v2.42 as well, but the picture of v2.58.

But the Mimas guide has a not working link to the tool. Even the one they sent me now.

Anyway, perhaps I should use v2.42 if they gave it to me. I will suppress my natural desire to use the newest one.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:46 AM   #513
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
They are very polite and helpful.
Yes, I think so too - I haven't experienced such support anywhere else
Old 12-26-2023, 02:17 AM   #514
trismegistus
trismegistus began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Alita
Hey guys, I've had my Likebook Alita for a long time, I'm interested in the 8.1 update, tried to contact the Facebook support page but they must have gone offline as it's been months with no response. I just had a couple of questions. Firstly, is it actually worth updating to 8.1 from 6.0 and second, does the update delete all your notes, bookmarks, books, etc? Thanks!
trismegistus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 03:26 AM   #515
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by trismegistus View Post
Hey guys, I've had my Likebook Alita for a long time, I'm interested in the 8.1 update, tried to contact the Facebook support page but they must have gone offline as it's been months with no response. I just had a couple of questions. Firstly, is it actually worth updating to 8.1 from 6.0 and second, does the update delete all your notes, bookmarks, books, etc? Thanks!
Yes and yes.
Android 8.1 Upgrade
Firmware Updates

Last edited by ottischwenk; 12-28-2023 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-28-2023, 12:31 PM   #516
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemalon View Post
My firmware version now reads: BYRead-V3.1.0-202150714
You should update to BYRead-V3.1.1-2021081712
Old 12-29-2023, 06:57 AM   #517
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
You should update to BYRead-V3.1.1-2021081712
You're a great help, thanks a lot.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 11:50 AM   #518
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
I would absolutely leave it alone. "If it aint broke don't fix it" is a good motto.
The upgrade is a buttocks clenching procedure and if it goes wrong you are going to be in a world of pain. I didn't think there was any worthwhile change after the "update". At 8.1 the Alita will remain far removed from recent versions of Android. Maybe concentrate on downloading and trying out the various free reading apps that are superior to that provided by Boyue.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote