Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Robert Williams
Connoisseur
Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Strange Times - Now an ebook

Hi guys,

As some of you may recall, I last posted on this thread to promote my short story collection, Strange Times. However, at that time it was only available on the Kindle.

I have now published it through Smashwords! So now it should be available to everyone.

I have put up 30% of the book available as a sample, so you should be able to read several stories. To buy the whole thing will only be 0.99 for the first month or so while I try to build some buzz, so I hope you will help support a struggling author.

P.S. Please do let me know what you think of the stories. All feedback is welcome.

Last edited by Robert Williams; 08-24-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Robert Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #2
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Downloaded and queued. Now to find time to actually read it
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
Robert Williams
Connoisseur
Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!

Thanks animedude! I hope you like it.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Kevin Gerard
Kevin Gerard
Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smashwords

Hi Robert,

How do you post on Smashwords? Is it difficult?

Thanks,

Kevin Gerard
Kevin Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Gerard View Post
Hi Robert,

How do you post on Smashwords? Is it difficult?

Thanks,

Kevin Gerard
This may be useful

http://www.smashwords.com/about/how_..._on_smashwords

also

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54309
Old 08-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
Kevin Gerard
Kevin Gerard
Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool!

Thanks, DuDe!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Yep, those links are perfect. Very easy as long as you can format it right.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
Kevin Gerard
Kevin Gerard

Unhappy I'm either confused or a dope...

Hey you guys,

I paid for Robert's e-book and downloaded it as a PDF file, but I can't find it anywhere on my computer. Is there some step I'm missing?

Thank you...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #9
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

When you downloaded it, it should have given you the option to Save and then you would have chosen a location to save it to. Did you get a popup asking you to Open, Save or Cancel?

If you can't find it, PM me your email and I'll be happy to forward you a PDF.

Animedude, did you have any issues?

Last edited by Robert Williams; 08-26-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 AM   #10
animedude01
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Williams View Post
Animedude, did you have any issues?
No problems. I downloaded most of the formats (can you tell I'm a hoarder )and imported them into Calibre for upload to my reader.

Kevin, when I click on the PDF it opens in my browser (both Firefox and IE). That's why I normally right click on the PDF link and either Save Link As... or Save Target As... It can then be saved somewhere on the filesystem.

If the PDF opened in your browser, you didn't actually save it to your system. There is an option to Save As... to save a local copy if you want (the button looks like a floppy diskette), but the right click method is a bit easier, IMO.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

I'm number 5 on Amazon's bestseller list for short stories on Kindle, as of 8:45 this morning! (Central Time, USA)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers..._kinc_2_4_last

I know most of the people here can't get the Kindle, but still... wow.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #12
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Williams View Post
I'm number 5 on Amazon's bestseller list for short stories on Kindle, as of 8:45 this morning! (Central Time, USA)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers..._kinc_2_4_last

I know most of the people here can't get the Kindle, but still... wow.
WOO HOO! Congratulations!!

Even though it has been up less than a week, how is it doing on Smashwords?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Thanks dreams. It's doing much slower on Smashwords. Haven't had any new sales the last few days, although I've been talking it up. I think it will pick up after the Amazon price goes back to normal.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
Kevin Gerard
Kevin Gerard

Good job, Robert. I've been reading Strange Times. I've gotten through only a few stories so far, but they are compelling. "A Jar of Insects" was excellent, definitely a nightmare producer. Serling would have loved it!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #15
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Thanks Kevin! I'm glad you like them so far.