Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #16
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
I have the same problem with mine now (also livving in germany btw). Just the restart procedure doesn't work out for me. I will try tonight if it makes a difference to switch the wireless connection off before you do the restart because i didn't switch it off.

I have already tried to switch the carrier by pressing 311 in the setting menu but O2 3G and O2 GPRS and vodafone just produced the same error.

I hope your hint with the turn off of the wireless connection maybe brings a solution or i will also have to get a new device.

At least i can still read and transfer by USB is no problem. Only disadvantage is that i would have to pass on my newspaper until the new device arrive

Strange thing is i can use the Amazon shop without any problems and also wikipedia works as it should work.
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #17
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I think Amazon needs to streamline a better overall wireless solution for Ki users.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 AM   #18
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

To bad that doesn't seem to work for me. It still doens't connect. Looks like amazon will have to fix something on their server side for me or i'll have to exchange the unit. :-/
Old 02-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
Sischa
Evangelist

BTW problem resloved. It was a "wierd" PDF file that stuck my personal document queue. After 1 week of telephone calls it was resolved by somebody on amazone side takeing out the faulty PDF. Hurray!

Cause i found a lot of posts like mine on the internet always without any solutions and very often with people getting changed their hardware i post this, maybe it helps somebody (and speeds things up).
Old 10-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #20
gutemjunior
gutemjunior began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Workaroud

I don't know if anyone is having problems to connect through wifi yet, but here is a tip (actually, a workaround ).

Try to set a static address in your kindle when connecting to a wifi network..
gutemjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert