Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
Koriander
Koriander began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Problem with some pages

I have loaded Amsterdam from German Wikipedia. The result is readable in Calibre but not on the device. In Sigil I can see that the structure is wrong. In Adobe Digital Solutions I see only the 1. page.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Antw [Mi, 15 Aug 2012] - Wikipedia.epub (711.4 KB, 738 views)

Last edited by Koriander; 08-16-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Koriander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #17
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you for this plugin, Krittika, it is most useful.

I put together a few books for my vacation and observe the following
  1. Wikitravel pages work, mostly, but their table of contents does not. It is created but it can not be navigated.
  2. Wikipedia pages in other languages work, TOC works, too, but the headlines (like Articles on the first page) are in English (probably OK).
  3. The "language" metadata item for the books is always set to "English", even if the article is pulled from, say, de.wikipedia.org (the first two characters "de" identify the language easily, they could be used to set the language)
  4. If one collects a number of URL-s, the chapters (created from the URL-s) do not have a proper title (it is missing altogether). It would be very nice to have them explicitly stated and in large, bold font maybe. Currently, the subchapters (of the URL-s) are way more exposed and emphasized.

Please consider (some) of these suggestions for future updates.

Thank you for writing this plugin.

Cheers, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #18
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
Re:

As far as I see the toc works. I tried out one wiki travel page which is attached. Can you send me the link to one that did not work?

Thanks for the suggestions. i will look in to them one by one. They seem to be useful. I will get back to you as and when I have the time to work on them
Attached Files
File Type: epub Asia travel guide - Wikipedia.epub (207.8 KB, 549 views)
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #19
Koriander

This link does not work correctly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canterbury
The result is attached. On the PRS-T1 from Sony only the 1. page is displayed. The same on Adobe Digital Editions.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Cant [Mi, 29 Aug 2012] - wikipedia.epub (708.0 KB, 601 views)
Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koriander View Post
This link does not work correctly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canterbury
The result is attached. On the PRS-T1 from Sony only the 1. page is displayed. The same on Adobe Digital Editions.
That file only contains the Images and a titlepage
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
Koriander

Quote:
That file only contains the Images and a titlepage
Exactly! But there is a work around. In Calibre conversion from EPUB to MOBI and than conversion back from MOBI to EPUB. The result is displayed correctly.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
But does it work fine on the calibre viewer?
I opened the attached file in the calibre viewer and the toc worked.

I am working on fixing the title of each article so it appears prominently as well as on the language in the metadata. thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by Krittika Goyal; 08-29-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #23
Koriander

Yes. In both cases before conversion and after conversion. The diffence is on the PRS-T1 from Sony and on Adobe Digital Editions. When you open both EPUB the files with Sigil you will see different structure.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #24
Schizophonix
Schizophonix began at the beginning.

Exclamation Blank document error

This is a great tool, but i get frequent errors. After some point it stops working and it constantly returns a blank document. I attach the document and the calibre job log, i would appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what could be the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Anarchist Thinkers [Tet, 29 Aug 2012] - Wikipedia.epub (100.4 KB, 512 views)
File Type: txt log.txt (35.4 KB, 3591 views)
Schizophonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Schizophonix: Looks like you are leaving out the http:// part of the urls. Include that and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #26
Schizophonix
Schizophonix began at the beginning.

Thumbs up

Thanks for your immediate response, this seems to be solving the problem. It is weird however that i have created many books without the http:// part in the addresses before this problem occurred.
Schizophonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Koriander: Your epub was not generated by an unmodified version of the WIki Reader plugin. It has embedded fonts for one thing. Downloading Caterbury with the unmodified WIki reader results in a file that works in ADE.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Canterbury - Wikipedia.epub (323.7 KB, 636 views)
Old 08-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #28
Hoofd
Hoofd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E300
This is fantastic, thanks so much!

I cannot believe there aren't more plugins like this for easily downloading individual articles, like from CNN. Maybe you could add a dropdown list of recipes for different webpages instead of just wikipedia?

Last edited by Hoofd; 08-31-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Hoofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #29
Koriander

@Kovidal: I have removed Wiki Reader and installed the last version (1.0.1 zip-file from this forum). Result is the same like before. Calibre version is 0.8.67.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then you have a plugin that is modifying epub output, because calibre *does not* embed fonts.