Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
C.I.Bond
I need to clean this tub!
C.I.Bond began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Red face Blood Bank - Sweeney Todd meets Stephanie Plum - 0.99

Hi,
I am pimping my novel Blood Bank, think of it as Stephanie Plum meets Sweeny Todd. If you are into urban fantasy with gallows humor you might like the book. Check out www.cibond.com for details. I know, someone’s going to yell at me for not posting the details of the book here but really these books are all the same… demons, missing property, the undead, a box that screams and trying to get coffee when you’re damned.

If it doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, here are some reasons why you should buy it anyway:

1) It’s only $0.99 so you can justify the cost of the Kindle to your spouse by pointing to the cool budget book you bought.
2) It’s my first novel so if you are a writer you can read it and feel superior. If you feel really superior you can write and tell me about all the mistakes I made at cibond@cibond.com or you can put it into an Amazon review. A five page letter isn’t great for a review but you can send it to me and I will read every word, after all it’s about me.
3) You might not get the jokes or find me funny… so for you there won’t be any humor.
4) It’s a cheap Indy work which you can use to impress the artsy college co-ed you are dating. Just turn the radio to NPR, light up a clove cigarette, give the goatee a good scratch (it will stop itching when it grows in a little more), and leave the Kindle out. When she asks, say that it is “essential to support artists in our global community.” She will put her organic goat cheese and whole grain baguette down on the table and ask if you are going to her poetry reading. Say yes -- you can still listen to the game if you sit in the back and use an earpiece, at least until the guy comes on who screams about his mother.
5) Charity makes us grow as people, but don’t try to take it off your taxes.

Tags
demons, e-book, humor, urban fantasy