LiLYoda
LiLYoda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
You mean a screenshot of the plugin right? Not of CM or LS
LiLYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #47
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@LiLYoda: Yup, the plugin's settings .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:57 AM   #48
LiLYoda

Here's what I have

Main menu

What happens when I try to use "modify kindle settings"

what happens with "customize collections to create from calibre"
Old 10-22-2014, 04:43 AM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, nope, AFAICT, that should definitely work.

Could you PM me the json database built by CM/LS, and a full Calibre debug log when running an import?

Stupid Q: I'm assuming you're checking the import results in your custom column in Calibre's Library view, and not the Device view?
Old 10-22-2014, 05:01 AM   #50
LiLYoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Could you PM me the json database built by CM/LS, and a full Calibre debug log when running an import?
OK. Where am I supposed to find the JSON file in the Kindle? Haven't checked that yet (sorry for the noob question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Stupid Q: I'm assuming you're checking the import results in your custom column in Calibre's Library view, and not the Device view?
Yes, in the custom collumn
Old 10-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #51
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@LiLYoda: In system/collections.json .
Old 10-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #52
LiLYoda

Rah, it's what I suspected. CM or LS do not create the file.
I'm wondering if there is a permissions or something of the sort that has to be tweaked for CM or LS to be able to write a file there.

I did do the jailbreak though, so not sure what's missing.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #53
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@LiLYoda: Yes they do, so either you're doing something seriously wrong, or you're looking in the wrong place.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #54
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Oasis 3
AZW3 or mobi?

Thanks NiLuJe for picking the plugin up and carrying on

I'm coming from Sony and just switched to PW2 2014 with FW 5.4.5.1 (after downgrade, JB, upgrade and install KUAL and LS).
For tagging and synching, I'm using Calibre since about 3,5 years now.
Now that I went through your kindle snapshots and Kaznelson's great JBpatch for newer Kindles, I'm at the beginning with getting my collections synched.

What would you recommend for my epubs, convert to mobi or to AZW3 for PW2? I'm a bit baffled with so many AZW file format options plus Mobi versus the one and only Epub I got used to, sorry for that noob question. It's just that here on mobileread, people talk more about mobi whereas in Calibre I learn it's AZW3...

After I have my collection in the right format and hyphenated, I will dive into exporting collections and series from Calibre to PW2 via LS and report back if wished, will take 2 days off from Wednesday, NOV 19th on for that
Thanks and keep up the brilliant work, it helped me so much already :-)
PRS-T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #55
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There is mobi7 (.mobi) and mobi8/KF8 (.azw3)

AZW is a renamed .mobi, Amazon does this to indicate it came from their server.

The KF8 is a newer version, more like an EPUB in a database wrapper, and supports embedded fonts and a wider range of HTML.
Also, it handles hyphenated words better, and supports cover metadata so calibre can update the cover without a reconversion.

Definitely go with AZW3.

You thought you could avoid me?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #56
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
There is mobi7 (.mobi) and mobi8/KF8 (.azw3)

AZW is a renamed .mobi, Amazon does this to indicate it came from their server.

The KF8 is a newer version, more like an EPUB in a database wrapper, and supports embedded fonts and a wider range of HTML.
Also, it handles hyphenated words better, and supports cover metadata so calibre can update the cover without a reconversion.

Definitely go with AZW3.
Thanks again
It's a very helpful explanation! Glad that Calibre is about 90% done with converting to AZW3 as I type hehe. Just staying awake for it to finish and start HyphenateThis. So especially with regard to that particular plugin (first try, Sony didn't support soft-hyphens), I'm supposed to stick with AZW, right? Update Cover is a thing I often do, since I like the US versions more than most of the German covers. Or earlier versions vs. re-issued books.

Quote:
You thought you could avoid me?
Hahahaha NO! That would be the least of my hopes
Please keep on tracking me, daddy, pleeeeaaaaase... Or: please coincidence (god) make Eschwartz and me continue subscribing the same threads, until death do us part
Seriously
Also for keeping NiLuJe sane here, so that he will focus on NOT ME ExSonyiac
Old 11-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #57
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS-T2 View Post
Or: please coincidence (god) make Eschwartz and me continue subscribing the same threads, until death do us part
Seriously
Probably.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:40 AM   #58
Neshi
Neshi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi there, new to the forum with a problem.

My 'collections' seem to be disabled.
I've updated the Kindle to the latest version, installed the latest Calibre, installed the latest Kindle Collections.
Set the book collections up in Calibre, and imported them to the Kindle.
I get the message everything is ok.

But when I go to my Kindle, I can still only sort on 'recent', 'author' or 'title', while the 'collections' is grayed out.
I have tried restarting my Kindle multiple times, to no avail.

Does anyone have some feedback?
Neshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #59
PRS-T2
Connoisseur

Hi Neshi,

I had that only once after I removed the Kindle from my Amazon user account. Logged back in on the device and the collections and also the vocabulary builder worked again. You've got to keep the kindle registered to an amazon account for full functionality.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #60
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

How to fake-register your Kindle, allowing you to manage collections via the GUI: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193260

I would recommend just registering though.
Assuming that is indeed the problem.

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle