Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 03-29-2016, 05:21 PM   #61
juniemarie
Enthusiast
juniemarie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Now that you guys have me hooked on tablets I have decided to get a larger one. During times when my health takes a downward turn I spend longer periods of time confined to my bed and I got to thinking it would be nice to not only listen to audiobooks but stream a movie so Im stepping up from a 7" tablet to a 10" tablet.
How do I know if the tablet I pick will work well with Overdrive?
juniemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #62
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniemarie View Post
Now that you guys have me hooked on tablets I have decided to get a larger one. During times when my health takes a downward turn I spend longer periods of time confined to my bed and I got to thinking it would be nice to not only listen to audiobooks but stream a movie so Im stepping up from a 7" tablet to a 10" tablet.
According to the web site Overdrive works with: Available for iPhone®, iPad®, Android, Chromebook, Windows Phone, Windows 8 & 10, Kindle Fire HD

Just use a tablet with one of these OS. See our wiki for more details on Overdrive.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #63
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Well, you can always ask here about various models.

Really most modern tablets should work fine with OverDrive. There are apps for both iPad/iOS and Android that work well. There's also a Windows 10 app for Windows tablets, although I don't know how well it works. If the tablet has enough horsepower to do movie playback well it should have no problems with audio only playback.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:41 AM   #64
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
May I suggest a note of caution. You only just have the tablet. Give it at least a couple of weeks use to give you a chance to discover anything you really don't like with it. You should certainly try streaming a movie or two on the tablet you have before spending money on a new one.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #65
juniemarie
Enthusiast
juniemarie began at the beginning.

Device: none
I heard someone say that if you can listen to audiobooks on your library website from a chrome browser that a chrome book will work with Overdrive I that true?
juniemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2016, 07:29 PM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I heard someone say that if you can listen to audiobooks on your library website from a chrome browser that a chrome book will work with Overdrive I that true?
OverDrive Listen works on a Chromebook.

Quote:
With OverDrive Listen, you can borrow audiobooks and listen to them right in your browser with a single click. There are no downloads or software required.

OverDrive Listen is a streaming audiobook player that works on computers, tablets, and mobile devices with compatible web browsers.
For best results on a computer, you'll need:
* Windows 7 or newer
* Mac OSX 10.9 or newer
* A Chromebook (Chrome OS)

You'll also need an up-to-date version of one of these web browsers:
* Chrome
* Safari
* Internet Explorer 11
* Firefox
Note: OverDrive Listen is not currently compatible with Microsoft's Edge browser.

If you're using a mobile device, you'll need:
* Android 4.1+ (you'll also need to use Chrome, not the stock Android browser)
* iOS 7.0+
* Fire OS 4.5.4+ (with the Silk browser)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote