Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 07:42 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Oh, I know. I was just thinking of what would be easier.
Sorry, that was for her benefit.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:45 PM   #32
juniemarie
Enthusiast
juniemarie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Im getting excited this could finally be a real solution And it looks like on days when I spend more time then usual in bed because of my health issue I could stream movies on this baby??
juniemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2016, 07:45 PM   #33
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Sorry, that was for her benefit.
D'oh!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:48 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniemarie View Post
Im getting excited this could finally be a real solution And it looks like on days when I spend more time then usual in bed because of my health issue I could stream movies on this baby??
Yes, you can also stream movies from Netflix, Prime Videos, etc (if you subscribe).

Do you have wi-fi?
Old 03-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Oh, the Fire 7 has a card slot so you can play movies and audiobooks that are stored on mSD cards. You're in luck here, because Amazon just added the ability to store audiobooks on the mSD card. Before this last software upgrade, you couldn't do that and were limited to the meager onboard storage.
Advert
Old 03-24-2016, 07:54 PM   #36
juniemarie
Enthusiast

Yes I have wifi I don't know what an mad card is??
I notice there are a variety of accessories with this Fire tablet do I need a thing that holds in in an upright position ?
Old 03-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #37
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Yes I have wifi I don't know what an mad card is??
I notice there are a variety of accessories with this Fire tablet do I need a thing that holds in in an upright position ?
Most tablet cases double as stands for watching videos in landscape mode.

mSD is short for microSD - it's a memory card used to store files.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #38
juniemarie
Enthusiast

OK Im heading out to the mall to get one of these things. I hope I can figure it out ok…Im so used to Mac's Im usually at a lost on PC's but Im moving in the right direction because you guys took time to help me out.
I will report in later and let you know how its going.
Thanks so much for everyones help! No carrying that big old Mac into the bedroom tonight!
Old 03-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
OK Im heading out to the mall to get one of these things. I hope I can figure it out ok…Im so used to Mac's Im usually at a lost on PC's but Im moving in the right direction because you guys took time to help me out.
I will report in later and let you know how its going.
Thanks so much for everyones help! No carrying that big old Mac into the bedroom tonight!
If you need help setting it up, we can walk you through it or you can call Amazon (1-888-280-3321) 24/7 and they'll do the same.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:45 PM   #40
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If you need help setting it up, we can walk you through it or you can call Amazon (1-888-280-3321) 24/7 and they'll do the same.
Yes, we will. And daughters are handy, too!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Last edited by issybird; 03-24-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:31 AM   #41
juniemarie
Enthusiast

Thumbs up Guess What

I am at this minute listening to an audiobook from my library on my brand new $50 Fire 7!! It took me a while to figure out what my WiFi network password was. But man it was very easy. I couldn't have done this without you guys. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This has been a thorn in my side for several months.
I need to take time tomorrow and set some stuff up and learn how to bookmark or see if Im able to have a favorites bar.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:27 AM   #42
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

So glad we could help!

Stick around, juniemarie. I'll repeat tubemonkey's suggestion that you might be interested in the audiobook deals thread.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:39 PM   #43
juniemarie
Enthusiast

Ive been getting to the the Fire and have a couple of questions.
issybird I know you have one…..is there anyway to get rid of all the obnoxious Amazon ads? I looked briefly online and saw that you have to pay $20 to get rid of the ads…is this true?
Sound is kind of tinny and not quite loud enough. I put it in a glass bowl which helps a little.
I want to get some really small inexpensive speakers to use with it.
Recommendations for speakers?
Old 03-26-2016, 08:23 PM   #44
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can turn off all of the recommendations under...

Settings --> Apps and Games --> Amazon Application Settings --> Home Screen Settings

As far as the lock screen ad the only way to get rid of that is to pay $20. Amazon subsidizes the low price of the tablet by including those ads.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:37 AM   #45
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I don't think it's worth $20, especially on a $50 tablet, to get rid of the lock screen ad and Brian's advice gets rid of the really annoying ones.

As for speakers, I don't have a recommendation as I don't use them myself. A quick search of Amazon should come up with something cheap and of reasonable quality. One of the advantages of audiobooks, it only has to be fairly good to be quite good enough!