Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 01:26 AM   #1
cajunrph
cajunrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis 2 & 3, Kobo Forma, Nook Glowlight 3
Greetings from LBC

Now you're probably thinking, just where the hell is LBC. Some even Google searched in and came up with nothing. I'll fill you in later. Maybe.

I'm a long time kindle owner who just purchased a Nook Glowlight 3. I found the site while searching how to get my Kindle books on my Nook. I was successful BTW.

As I've grown older, I've turned to books more and more for my entertainment. Just about the only thing I watch on TV is sports. Otherwise the TV is off.

Books can take you to another world. I've tried to impress this on my son. I might have made the first successful awareness moment with him this week. I bought a Tolkien book set of The Hobbit and the there Lord of the Rings books. I mentioned to him that he should read them and he took the bait and started on the Hobbit. Hopefully it will stick and he'll realize the value and entertainment potential of books.

Like I said before, I'm a Kindle user who recently purchased a Nook. Why you ask? There's lots of reasons. One being the superior features of the Nook to the comparable priced Kindle Paperwhite. The Nook has everything the Paperwhite does and adds 8GB of internal storage, orange night reading nights and physical turn buttons. On paper it's a no brainer. Nook all the was. Amazon ecosystem is the Nook's kryptonite. Or is it? This very forum helps to level the playing field. I've been able to overcome Amazon's ecosystem. I'm thankful for the freedom this forum helped me to achieve.

BTW. LBC is Lower Brazoria County. South of Houston.
cajunrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:42 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi cajunrph and welcome to MobileRead. What sort of books do you like to read on your Nook?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert