Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-30-2018, 04:49 AM   #1
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
How to force an update of an app (Mapleread)

A new version of one of my favorite apps, Mapleread has arrived.

My iPhone and iPad mini has updated successfully, but my iPad pro will not upgrade to the new version. The new version is shown in the app store.

Is there a way to force an update, apart from deleting and reinstalling ?
By reinstalling I, as you know, will loose all settings and data.

Edit: I upgraded to IOS 11.3 and then I could get the Mapleread upgrade. The iPhone and the Mini were not upgraded however.

Last edited by svenlind; 03-30-2018 at 10:34 AM.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:17 PM   #2
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Try going into the App Store, update page and dragging down to force a refresh.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #3
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
A new version of one of my favorite apps, Mapleread has arrived.

My iPhone and iPad mini has updated successfully, but my iPad pro will not upgrade to the new version. The new version is shown in the app store.

Is there a way to force an update, apart from deleting and reinstalling ?
By reinstalling I, as you know, will loose all settings and data.

Edit: I upgraded to IOS 11.3 and then I could get the Mapleread upgrade. The iPhone and the Mini were not upgraded however.
I didn't know that such kind of app-update-blocking could happen. I have never experienced it myself. Curious if this has ever happened to anyone else reading this thread?
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #4
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
It is a common App Store bug. It is supposedly resolved in iOS 11, but who knows.

Sometimes it is resolved deleting the app, other times you need to logout and login in the app store application, a phone restart should resolve the issue. But not always. Sometimes the only solution is wait a couple of hours or days.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote