Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
How can you use Calibre to make/edit Collections for your Kindle 3?

I just got my Kindle 3 today and I'm trying to put it by Collection by authors name.

Can we do/make/edit the collection on Calibre and have it send all our ebooks to the Kindle?

What I did so far is doing it manually and it's kinda long process if I'm gonna put 200 or even just 100 ebooks then sorting each ebooks out by collections.

My process is this:
1. Use Calibre to send my ebooks to my Kindle 3
2. I create a collection folder (I usually make it by the authors name)
3. Add the books one by one to the folder

Now can Calibre make it that I won't have to do that and it will automatically have a collection folder by setting up the preference in Calibre? If so, how? What's the step?

Thanks for your help...
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
As I understand it, the kindle won't use the calibre metadata tags to make collections and that you need to manually add books to your collections once the books are on the kindle. Apparently someone is making some software to make collections on the kindle easier, but I don't know any details.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Have you looked here?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=98485&page=2
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, collections, kindle 3