Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-27-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
lrpirlet
Connoisseur
lrpirlet began at the beginning.

Location: Belgium (sorry, I am from the Walloon side of the country and I speak french only)
Device: PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
[GUI Plugin] Noosfere_util, a companion plugin to noosfere DB

[GUI Plugin] Noosfere_util, a companion plugin to noosfere DB

This plugin is mean to be a companion to noosfere DB

Issues in noosfere DB:
  1. noosfere DB CANNOT wipe out a new metadata empty field
    example: if a previous metadata source download, from anywhere, did set the series to "something", and noosfere metadata source finds NO series, then calibre will NOT wipe out the series field.
  2. A book may exist under several volumes...
    Each may differ because of a re-edition by the same or by a different editor...
    it may even be part of one or several anthology with possibly a different author and/or title and/or ISBN. I made some choice but this may NOT be the best fit. Solution is to manually go to the book page and chose the best volume by setting the nsfr_id, and restarting cal-noosfere metadata source plugin.
  3. noosfere DB does not allow modifying customized column,
    but allows overloading the publisher field with the collection and the index of the collection. It, then, becomes necessary to split this info in custom columns.

Main features
  • Use noosfere_util Clear excess metadata to delete the metadata, except for the title, authors and identifiers such as ISBN.
  • Use noosfere Web browser for volume selection to add the nsfr_id of the volume of your choice and remove isbn
  • Use noosfere DB to download the choosen metadata
  • Use noosfere_util Distributes the information in post-processing by splitting and setting the publisher overloaded information where it needs to go.

Installation
  • Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
  • Alternatively, copy the zip file, unzip it in a dedicated folder, get the needed privileges and execute the register.bat (linux people can read the register.bat file and sudo an equivalent content)
  • Note that since this is a GUI plugin you should go to Preferences, then Toolbars & menus and in the main toolbar, push the noosfere util icon to the right. (Hint: the Mark books icon should also be put on the main toolbar).
  • use noosfere_util personnalise l'extention to create the needed columns, before to make them visible and move them to your liking

Supported calibre Version and OS:
Noosfere_util version (0.5.0) was finalized under calibre version 5.39.1. I made no attempt to test any previous version. I did successfully test noosfere_util and noosfere DB under qt6 beta version.
I developed it under Windows 10.
WARNING, as it uses a new feature, noosfere_util v(0.6.1) and above needs calibre version (6.3.0)

Version History:
Spoiler:

version(0.5.0) initial release, this version is QT6 compatible
Version(0.6.1) in "Navigateur WEB pour le choix du volume", the main calibre window will be accessible and the selected book in calibre will be the one being processed in noosfere_util...
WARNING, this implies running calibre version(6.3.0) or above. See changelog.txt for more info.

Sources:
https://github.com/lrpirlet/cal-noosfere-util.git

The zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip noosfere util.zip (636.4 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by lrpirlet; 11-01-2022 at 01:54 PM.
lrpirlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #2
lrpirlet
Connoisseur

Location: Belgium (sorry, I am from the Walloon side of the country and I speak french only)
Information about noosfere_util and archive

Version (0.5.0) was superseded by version (0.6.0).
Version (0.6.0) was missing the last patches so version (0.6.1) was created. do not use V060
Attached Files
File Type: zip noosfere_util-V050.zip (631.3 KB, 155 views)
File Type: zip noosfere_util-V061.zip (636.4 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by lrpirlet; 08-18-2022 at 03:21 PM.
Advert
Old 08-18-2022, 03:15 PM   #3
lrpirlet
Connoisseur

This is not my day... sorry, forget about this reply.

Last edited by lrpirlet; 08-18-2022 at 03:17 PM.