Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #136
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vostro View Post
you can't even open it without damaging because it was glued together, here is some photos that someone tried to open oasis 2017.
WOW $250 down the drain.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #137
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Most new devices at this way now days even computers. It is a way to keep you coming back for new devices. Now days most laptops have the batteries sealed in too.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #138
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
you can't even open it without damaging because it was glued together, here is some photos that someone tried to open oasis 2017.
That is really NASTY looking!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #139
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Replacing battery will not do anything. Amazon lied about the battery life it seems everyones oasis sucks at battery life. I read for an hour and a half today and lost about 13% battery life I did have the brightness up to 15 but still
Old 01-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #140
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Replacing battery will not do anything. Amazon lied about the battery life it seems everyones oasis sucks at battery life. I read for an hour and a half today and lost about 13% battery life I did have the brightness up to 15 but still
Did you have an Oasis 1 and was the battery drain somewhat similar?
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #141
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I am keeping the Oasis 2 as I do like it but Amazon definitely missed the mark on battery and should absolutely remove the "s" from weeks in the advertised "keep reading-a single charge lasts weeks".

My Voyage lasted weeks, the Oasis 2 lasts a week at best.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:19 PM   #142
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
My Voyage never lasted weeks, nor did my Oasis1. I got like 3-4 days out of both of those. I get about 2-3 days out of the O2. It depends on how much you read, not how many weeks. I can say, I have never ever gotten weeks out of any kindles I owned.

So yeah, a bit less than my Voyage and O1, but its still fine for what it is. I like to read a book a day. There is no device in existence I would get weeks out. Until they make a kindle with built in solar, I keep charging them as needed.

No kindle charges as fast as the O2 so that helps a lot.

My phone lasts longer than my kindles. My new phone that is. It goes on average 4 days.
But then I don't read on my phone.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:51 PM   #143
HLS
Wizard

M first oasis I was able to go 3 weeks without charging with the cover attached that is
Old 01-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #144
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Apparently I read too much.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:02 AM   #145
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
🤔🤔it is not too bad. That gives you almost 8 days of battery and if you translate to what Amazon says (30’ and 10 bright) it gives you for 25 or 30 days...

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #146
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I read a lot the days I read, so I am finding the battery life of my new Oasis is not as good as the PW2 I had or the Voyage I traded in but it is still very good compared to my Ipad.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #147
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Thanks for the pics Vostro !

Well that is depressing. So now we can't change to a new battery, without destroying the Oasis 2.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #148
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I read a lot the days I read, so I am finding the battery life of my new Oasis is not as good as the PW2 I had or the Voyage I traded in but it is still very good compared to my Ipad.
I find that my Ipads have much better battery life than my Oasis 2, my Iphone is about the same as the Oasis 2. My battery consumption on the Oasis 2 is just from the screen, I don't leave wifi on, only to download books. I still use the same light level I've always used on Paperwhite 3 and Voyage. It just needs to get charged more often than those.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:28 PM   #149
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
Did you have an Oasis 1 and was the battery drain somewhat similar?

I had the Oasis 1 which I sold ( wish I did not) With battery cover I would go 3-4 weeks without needing to recharge with my normal amount of reading.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #150
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
At least we have that. charging once a week is better than once a day

Tags
battery life, koa2