Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-26-2016, 07:18 AM   #1
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
recommended apps for Boox (Max)?

having successfully avoided android so far, I might have to deal with it to my big annoyance as I consider buying a Boox Max. therefore some questions in this respect.

which apps would you recommend or even regard indispensable for the Boox readers? for reading (mainly pdfs, many scanned). for data exchange I think about using owncloud.
or would the preinstalled apps be sufficient?

to what extent can I suppress connections to google? what other app depositories are useful instead? (no, not amazon)
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:42 AM   #2
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Try F-droid, that's probably the best free alternative to the play store. You get some of the programmes also available on the play store (more like, a few actually) and some that are not on the play store. For me, it doesn't wrote replace the pay store, but a good addition and definitely what i would use for a Google free android. Worth checking out!
You can also download specific apps as apk files and install them directly without using the play store (search for download apk and the name of the app you want, there are some possibly dodgy sites, but there are also some pages that take links to the play store and download the apk directly from there). Main disadvantage is that you don't get updates that way (and no security checks).
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #3
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 3 (dead); Nook ST (dead); Sony PRS-T1; Onyx i86+
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
having successfully avoided android so far, I might have to deal with it to my big annoyance as I consider buying a Boox Max. therefore some questions in this respect.

which apps would you recommend or even regard indispensable for the Boox readers? for reading (mainly pdfs, many scanned). for data exchange I think about using owncloud.

to what extent can I suppress connections to google? what other app depositories are useful instead? (no, not amazon)
Orion Viewer works great in e-ink.
medwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:45 AM   #4
deb2016
Enthusiast
deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox Max2 pro
hello,

Do you know a good application for the onyx boox max in order to make drawings ? One application which can handle pressure levels (as it seems one of the onyx boox max feature) and, if possible, a free application ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
deb2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #5
UncleZeno
Connoisseur
UncleZeno began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post

Hi Lepau,

did you try using owncloud? (of course if you bought device).

Thanks,
UncleZ
UncleZeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #6
lepau
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleZeno View Post
I don't have the device yet
Old 06-22-2016, 07:16 AM   #7
lepau
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleZeno View Post
it worked out of the box without a problem

and I'm still interested to hear about apps that people like to have on their Max
Old 06-25-2016, 04:58 PM   #8
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
I suggest to use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...calibreandroid together with calibre on pc (http://calibre-ebook.com/).
I think it's the best way to manage e-books!
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:39 AM   #9
svicente
svicente began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite / Onyx Max / Onyx Note
I am using this app for multitasking and close apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...entapps_button

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk
svicente is offline   Reply With Quote