Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-24-2020, 02:25 AM   #4726
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ficbook.net and utopiastories.com stopped working again
example ficbook url https://ficbook.net/readfic/9813907
message is
Статус
Название
Автор
Комментарий
URL
Ошибка
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
https://www.ficbook.net/readfic/9813907

utopiastories

Статус
Название
Автор
Комментарий
URL
Ошибка
Unknown
Unknown
<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)>
<link in pm>

This happens to all of links I checked from those sites, both new and updated stories.

Chrome opens them without issues.

Last edited by vikarti; 10-24-2020 at 02:27 AM. Reason: grammar
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:02 AM   #4727
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
ficbook.net and utopiastories.com stopped working example ficbook url https://ficbook.net/readfic/9813907

utopiastories
<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed
I don't see the ficbook.net problem with all stories, but I have seen it with a couple. Looks like they have changed something with multiple chapter stories. I'll look into it.

utopiastories.com is an SSL issue that I'm not seeing. Please refer to the FFF SSL FAQ.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #4728
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted

2020-10-24
- Update adapter_ficbooknet for site changes.

I don't read Russian, so while it doesn't crash now, I don't know that it's all working correctly either. Please review carefully and report another problems with it.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #4729
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: Can the reject list be safely used to mark a book as "please don't overwrite this if I make a mistake and tell it to"?

I'm not entirely sure what the reject list is for (not much in tooltips or documentation) and the setting about "delete by reject by default" makes me worry a bit.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-24-2020 at 01:48 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #4730
GadGray
GadGray began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is basically downloading the source (or just unpacking the plugin file) and adding a new file in adapters directory plus an import statement for it in the __init__.py file. Then look at the other adapters to see what is needed. I don't remember if there is any sort of development guide, but, that is basically what I have done in the past.

How hard it is depends on the site. The adapter is scraping the page and parsing it. Some are fairly simple. But, some make you wonder how the site works at all.
When I try to test the plugin by installing it on calibre, it keeps saying I need to restart calibre to finish the install (Ive done it several times). the button also doesn't appear any more. All I edited is the adapter folder.
GadGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2020, 02:07 PM   #4731
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Frequently, I find a story with an interesting blurb, start it, and later decide I don't like it. Then months or years later I find the same story again but don't remember I already tried it.

By putting it on the Reject List, FFF remembers for me that I've already tried that story and rejected it--and why. You can maintain your own list of quick-select reject reasons as well as enter specific text for any as you like. It's also very useful for avoiding stories I don't like from an author that I'm following.

Reject List is one of the most useful features in FFF, IMHO. I have 1900+ entries in my reject list.

When you invoke the 'Reject Selected Books' action, at the bottom of the dialog there's a checkbox to also delete the books ('Delete Books (including books without FanFiction URLs)'). The 'Delete on Reject by Default' settings checkbox is simply the default value for the delete books checkbox on the Rejects dialog.

Personally, I remapped the hotkey 'Del' to 'Reject Selected Books' and changed the normal delete function to Ctrl-Del.

And yes, you could put books you don't want to update or overwrite by accident in the Reject List. Just be careful not to delete them. And give a 'reject reason' that makes sense to you.

My personal Reject Reasons list, for the curious:
Spoiler:
  • Cross with something I don't care about
  • Fandom I don't care about.
  • Dup from another site
  • Included in Anthology book
  • Series I'm not following
  • Random linked from an SB/SV post.
  • Just poor
  • Just bad
  • Crack
  • Sat on the 000 list for months.
  • Appears abandoned
'000' is how I mark new/to-read stories. This page is a bit dated, but I believe is still reasonable accurate.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #4732
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadGray View Post
When I try to test the plugin by installing it on calibre, it keeps saying I need to restart calibre to finish the install (Ive done it several times). the button also doesn't appear any more. All I edited is the adapter folder.
Run Calibre in debug mode--you probably have a syntax error or something that prevents the plugin from loading.

Since I'm on Win10 (and because I still remember MS-DOS), I use a batch file to run calibre for plugin testing. I tell a lie--this is how I run calibre all the time.

Code:
set PYTHONIOENCODING=UTF-8

python makeplugin.py

set CALIBRE_LIBRARY_DIRECTORY=
set CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY=
set CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM=
set CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_LANG=
set CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE=

"c:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre-customize" -a FanFicFare.zip
"c:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre-debug" -g
The different environment variables (CALIBRE_*) can be set for testing calibre source, different language translations, dark mode, etc.

Note that makeplugin.py isn't in the distributed plugin zip, but is in the GitHub repo. There are any number of tutorials out there for getting started using GitHub. It's highly recommended if you want to start contributing code.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:23 PM   #4733
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That makes sense.

Another potential use I can think of:

I have an "abandoned" status for any fics that were deleted from the site before completion or haven't been updated in a long time. Every few months, I run an update on them in the off-chance that any of them were revived (it's happened once!)

If I add the deleted-from-site fics to the reject sites it ought to speed up the process a bit by skipping over them instead of checking and going "yup, it's still deleted!"

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-24-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:50 PM   #4734
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
That makes sense.

Another potential use I can think of:

I have an "abandoned" status for any fics that were deleted from the site before completion or haven't been updated in a long time. Every few months, I run an update on them in the off-chance that any of them were revived (it's happened once!)

If I add the deleted-from-site fics to the reject sites it ought to speed up the process a bit by skipping over them instead of checking and going "yup, it's still deleted!"
I was just able to do a test. it worked as expected.

A bonus: Since it populated the error column, I can just do #fanficerror:false and #fanficstatus:"=Abandoned" for those infrequent updates.

New question: Is it possible with FFF's personal.ini to modify the text in the error column? I use a search and replace to merge all the "story does not exist" together (removing the bracket text) but then making another for "story on reject list" makes me wonder if it's possible in FFF itself.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-24-2020 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:05 PM   #4735
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Ah... Actually, I'm a little surprised Reject List is checked when you explicitly do Update Existing Books. I only think about it from adding/updating by URLs. Lucky, that.

Quote:
New question: Is it possible with FFF's options to merge the "story on reject list" entries (removing the bracket text)? I make a search & replace if not.
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for here. If you're asking for FFF error column text to not include the title/author/reason when rejected from update, why? You can match on 'Story on Reject URLs list' and ignore the rest.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:11 PM   #4736
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I updated my question to be a bit more clear. I use a search and replace to turn the error column text "Story does not exist (.*)" into "Story does not exist." and similarly for the reject list. Mostly to make things a little tidier.

I was wondering if that was possible in FFF itself.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-24-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:22 PM   #4737
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I updated my question to be a bit more clear. I use a search and replace to turn the error column text "Story does not exist (.*)" into "Story does not exist." and similarly for the reject list for easier searching (and to make it less cluttered in the tag browser).

I was wondering if that was possible in FFF itself.
No. I don't see 'provide me with less information' as a feature request I'm interested in fulfilling.

Rather than destructively removing the details, I suggest considering a custom column-from-columns that removes the details with a template instead.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #4738
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I was just checking to see if it was possible at present. Sorry.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:17 AM   #4739
DisturbedDragon
DisturbedDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
So, I've found an odd issue. Fanficfare seems to only want to download one chapter from several supplied sites.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...miliar.363862/
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...s-come.596197/
I've tried both downloading from the above urls, random threadmarked posts, reader mode, and even sidestories. It always grabs the first threadmarked chapter and that's it.
I don't think it's a case of it being overwhelmed, though I guess it might be with 400-odd threadmarks, but if this can download Taylor Varga, it should be able to handle one portion of Xander Quest on SB...
It succeeds in downloading that chapter, here's the download log:
Download 1 FanFiction Book(s)
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:20:03,887: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(53): FanFicFare v3.22.1
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:20:03,887: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(57): Adding jobs for URLs:
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:20:03,887: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(59): https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...miliar.363862/
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:21:12,072: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(95): Logfile for book ID None (XanderThis All Feels Fairy Familiar...)
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:21:12,073: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(96): urlhttps://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...miliar.363862/) idNone)
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:20:05,861: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapt ers.base_xenforoforum_adapter(426): url: https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...miliar.363862/
FFF: DEBUG: 2020-10-25 07:20:05,862: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1131): #####################################
pagecache(GET) HIT: https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...miliar.363862/
FFF: DEBUG: 2020-10-25 07:20:05,864: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(999): Encoding:utf8
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:20:05,865: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapt ers.base_xenforoforum_adapter(431): use useurl: https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...miliar.363862/
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:20:08,887: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(246): write to C:\Users\THEDIS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_n3mxu 9\fanficfare_l3cw9_\XanderThis All Feels Fairy Familiar...-Judge Mental-7ip3c8.epub
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:20:08,888: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.write rs.base_writer(182): Save directly to file: C:\Users\THEDIS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_n3mxu 9\fanficfare_l3cw9_\XanderThis All Feels Fairy Familiar...-Judge Mental-7ip3c8.epub
FFF: DEBUG: 2020-10-25 07:20:08,891: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapt ers.base_xenforoforum_adapter(670): Getting chapter text for: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/363862/ index: 0
FFF: DEBUG: 2020-10-25 07:20:08,891: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapt ers.base_xenforoforum_adapter(706): Not using reader mode
FFF: DEBUG: 2020-10-25 07:20:08,891: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1141): #####################################
pagecache(GET) MISS: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/363862/
FFF: DEBUG: 2020-10-25 07:21:06,661: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(999): Encoding:utf8
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:21:10,335: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.write rs.writer_epub(362): Saving EPUB Version 2.0
FFF: DEBUG: 2020-10-25 07:21:11,483: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.wordcount(60): Word count - count_words method:11673
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:21:11,483: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(313): get_word_count:11673
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:21:11,486: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.write rs.base_writer(182): Save directly to file: C:\Users\THEDIS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_n3mxu 9\fanficfare_l3cw9_\XanderThis All Feels Fairy Familiar...-Judge Mental-7ip3c8.epub
FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:21:11,493: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.write rs.writer_epub(362): Saving EPUB Version 2.0

FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:21:12,073: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(100):
Download Results:
Add https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...miliar.363862/ Download epub completed, 1 chapters.

FFF: INFO: 2020-10-25 07:21:12,073: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(124):
Add
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...miliar.363862/

As far as I can tell it just arbitrarily decides that it only sees one chapter. I'm entirely unsure why.

Last edited by DisturbedDragon; 10-25-2020 at 10:21 AM. Reason: More info
DisturbedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #4740
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

The SB/SV sites have changed again.

Hopefully have a (test) fix later today.

Tags
fanfiction