Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Downgrade new Basic Kindle

Hi,
I'm thinking about getting the new Basic Kindle. I was just wondering if anyone had one yet, and what FW it is using? I'm asking because if it can be downgraded to 5.4.0, then JBPatch should work, or not?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can only downgrade to a firmware built for that Kindle model.

Currently the KT2 (Kindle Touch 2/New Kindle Basic) and KV cannot be jailbroken.

One MobileRead member has successfully jailbroken manually, with a serial cable. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247480

We must wait for JBPatch to be updated for the KT2. Hopefully someone will come up with new goodies.

First we need an easy jailbreak.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Currently the KT2 (Kindle Touch 2/New Kindle Basic) and KV cannot be jailbroken.
Oh! Well that just sucks!

That's the first thing I always want with a new device. I'll be rooting for a new and wonderful jb update for you guys!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote