Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #16
lostsoul
Enthusiast
lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Ok trying this fingers crossed this should get my point to you ! ? i have 26 more to go so how do i combine all 27 lines/300 books in one then move over to libre in some fashion then printout ok ? ?

Titles

Symbols

01 Jack's Dee-Light (Girls Night Out [1]) · Lacey Thorn

The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman · Timothy Ferriss

11 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Always a Marine [11]) · Heather Long

The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential · Maxwell, John C.

37. Under the Dome · Stephen King

The 100 Best Ways to Stop Aging and Stay Young · Julia Maranan

150 Movies You Should See Before You Die · Steve Miller

1001 Ways to Stay Young Naturally · Unknown
lostsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

see attachment - highlight the columns/fields you want in the list

save the csv file someplace

open the csv you just saved someplace in Office Calc

arrange columns and widths to suit and hit the Print button

If you need help with Libre Office Calc then I suggest you enquire at this forum ==>> http://libreofficeforum.org/

Anyway, as another might say - I'm done with this thread

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	119294  
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #18
lostsoul
Enthusiast
lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Ok this has nothing to do with columns and fields and widths have no idea where that comes from; have never used any of that stuff so you've lost me guess i'll wait for others to help out oh well - waiting . . no biggie . . .
Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you even TRIED what I posted?

But I don't care....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #20
lostsoul
Enthusiast

No i have not; never used what you've mentioned columns / fields / or widths; no idea where or what they are or how they work; still don t know how 27 lines becomes one line; you've so lost me.

Will wait i am sure others have better ways - oh well - will hang .

Last edited by lostsoul; 02-19-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: bad spelling hehe
Advert
Old 02-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have fun. Maybe someone can get it through your skull that you HAVE been told HOW to get a printout of your catalog.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #22
lostsoul
Enthusiast

Peter T -

Well you never told me thats for sure and yes somebody a lot smarter then yourself will come along and have me use stuff i know; the exact opposite of you telling me stuff i've never heard of - i will wait . .

Last edited by lostsoul; 02-19-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: words added
Old 02-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #23
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you'd heard of it before, then you wouldn't need help, now would you?

The highly helpful people here on MobileRead do not enjoy helping people who ignore everything they say, and you have just insulted them and rejected their help -- what makes you think anyone else will be willing to be treated the same way? Especially as the only advice anyone will have for you is to do exactly what has already been suggested.

About the only thing that could be offered, above and beyond the explanations of BetterRed and PeterT, is if someone came over to your house and did it for you!!

Helping someone requires that they be willing to be helped; apparently you are not willing. Goodbye.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you can't figure it out on your own
and you are unwilling to follow the (good) advice given,
Why are you here?

Note the mods will come down like a ton of bricks on folk who post malicious suggestions.

There are risky suggestions. These are always prefaced with 'Be sure to have a current backup). Risky sugs are usually those that are trying to dig you out of a hole you are already in.
'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #25
lostsoul
Enthusiast

the Ducks -

Hang on slow down as i quote you " and you are unwilling to follow the (good) advice given " .

The advice given makes a huge leap that i know my way around - fields and columns and widths ; but that begs the question which demands an answer what if one never ever used / heard of the advice given what then; has no clue where to look and then how do i use fields / columns and widths etc .

You can t expect me or anyone to " google " it or try youtube to get a video do you ?

Why am i here; here trying to get help to get a 300 book /27 lines book list in calibre compacted to 1 line then over to libre for printing .

So will hang a bit for someone that won t throw stuff at me from the far left field that i am clueless on and has simple fix for me , . . later
Old 02-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #26
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cata...-mobi-catalogs
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:10 AM   #27
lostsoul
Enthusiast

DoctorOhh-

Thanks for the help using the link fingers crossed - later
Old 02-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #28
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
DoctorOhh-

Thanks for the help using the link fingers crossed - later
You're welcome.

If you don't see or understand something in the manual follow the link itimpi gave you in the second post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You want to look at creating a catalog as described at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118556
Pay particular attention to all of the detailed info under the spoiler tags.

If you need a starting point follow PeterT's steps below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
  • Click on the ARROW besides the CONVERT BOOKS icon at the top of the screen
  • Select the CREATE A CATALOG OF THE BOOKS IN YOUR CALIBRE LIBRARY
  • For CATALOG FORMAT on the OPTIONS tab select CSV
  • Supply a NAME for the CATALOG TITLE
  • In the CSV/XML options tab select what FIELDS you want to include in your catalog
  • Click the OK button at the bottom of the screen
You will see a spinning ICON in the bottom right of the calibre screen while a job runs to make the catalog

When this job ENDS, you will be prompted for a location to store this catalog.

That file can now be opened via a tool like EXCEL or Open Office and printed.
Good Luck.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 AM   #29
lostsoul
Enthusiast

DoctorOhh-

Ohhh yes whoopy it worked great directions for a change; this time i unclicked everything except titles and i used view and not click on and was shocked i have 41 pages with 300 books title order yes yess; but nothing came up asking me where i wanted the list saved to on the pc right now its in calibre and now wonder how i might copy the 41 pages as one then move to libre office for better printing; any ideas .

Party time; thanks a bunch Doc .
Old 02-20-2014, 01:06 AM   #30
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Ohhh yes whoopy it worked great directions for a change
I'm glad you got a result, but every one in this thread gave you great directions.

Quote:
but nothing came up asking me where i wanted the list saved to on the pc right now its in calibre and now wonder how i might copy the 41 pages as one then move to libre office for better printing; any ideas .
If you create a catalog in epub, azw3 or mobi then it will be added to calibre as a book. If you want a list then follow PeterT's instructions:

For CATALOG FORMAT on the OPTIONS tab select CSV

This will produce an output in .csv format that can be read with any office spreadsheet program (Excel or Libre Office's Calc).

Alternatively you can learn how to convert the epub to a pdf and print that out.

Good Luck.