Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Best backup battery pack?

Looking for suggestions on the best external battery pack for my iPhone.

I'll be doing some traveling fairly soon that will have me out and about for most of the day each day and likely using my phone more than I normally do. The last time I did a trip like this I had an old Android phone (Galaxy S) with user replaceable battery so I just carried a second, charged, battery with me. This isn't an option with the iPhone obviously, or most newer Android phones, so I'm considering one of those battery packs that you charge up ahead of time and carry with you. I don't want something huge and heavy, but I'll be carrying a backpack everywhere so it doesn't necessarily have to be pocketable either. Ideally it would have a lightning cable/connector built in (bonuses would be micro USB & possibly the older Apple 30 pin) so that I don't also have to carry a cable, but having to use a separate cable isn't a deal breaker for the right product.

Anyone used one of these before? Any suggestions?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I use a mophie powerstation pro. It has a USB socket so you can plug any USB compatible cable in. It carries a lot of juice and it will remain charged for a very long time. I've used it months after charging. I also have a mophie juice pack and use it as a combination protective case and battery pack so I don't need to worry about recharging the phone, it uses the external battery first and then the internal iphone battery.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
MRMOBILE
MRMOBILE began at the beginning.

Device: none
I personally use one of the RAVPower Element 5600mAh and it works great. You can check more here.
MRMOBILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
I use an Anker Astro Mini 3000 mAh as my daily carry-around-in-my-purse backup battery, and an Anker Astro E5 15000 mAh has my travel/power outage model. Both are available through Amazon, are decently priced, highly rated, have minimum 1 year warranties, and pretty good customer service.

I also have an older NewTrent brand that has performed pretty well over a few years, but never really lived up to the stated capacity or amount of charge it was supposedly capable of providing to an iPhone. The Anker brand seems to be a bit more efficient that way.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I'd get the Mophie pack if I was going to be using intensively during any given day. As it is, I have an el cheapo battery case for my 4S which will do one day only... it serves a purpose.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I'd get the Mophie pack if I was going to be using intensively during any given day. As it is, I have an el cheapo battery case for my 4S which will do one day only... it serves a purpose.
Just as a note, I loaned my powerstation pro to a co-worker who was going to Africa and needed something so his daughter could watch movies during the flight. Worked like a champ both ways.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Thanks for all the recommendations folks. In the next few weeks I'll be making a decision on what to get.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:55 AM   #8
Mary Margaret
Mary Margaret began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Smile

I think an external battery pack can be really useful. You may want to consider the KINKOO 8000mAh which I have been using for a few months. It still funtions well for now. it's very slim and thin,for travelling or business is very easy take,it can charged my phone 5 times already and it still has juice in it on week.
Mary Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I use a mophie powerstation pro. It has a USB socket so you can plug any USB compatible cable in. It carries a lot of juice and it will remain charged for a very long time. I've used it months after charging. I also have a mophie juice pack and use it as a combination protective case and battery pack so I don't need to worry about recharging the phone, it uses the external battery first and then the internal iphone battery.
I've just bought a morphie juice power station mini. I've not had to use it yet so, not sure how well it works.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote