Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #1
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
way to view lrf/bbeb ebooks on PC without Sony Reader?

I haven't bought a sony reader yet, but I want to test to make sure my content will render all right on this device.

My source material will be xml/docbook/pdf/odt/rtf/html/oeb, lots of things.

I want to know how my content renders on Sony device.

I'm less interested in quality of graphics than making sure links work and being sure I am making proper use of onscreen real estate.

How would I check these things?

On the librie forum a few months back someone mentioned a software viewer to read librie files. I tested that out, and that gave me a rough feel for how things appear on librie. Is this the best option available for the sony reader?

If I have a rendered format (PDF, rtf), how confident can I be that things will render acceptably on sony reader?

i.e., does the desktop software do a reasonable job of making pdf's look acceptable?
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:37 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The bundled Connect software displays LRFs very close to how they look on the Reader.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

No! This is not my question!

If I haven't bought the Sony Reader, I cannot obtain the Connect software.

So I need a way to imagine how it would look without the use of the Connect software.

I'm a content creator. I'd like some way to emulate the viewing experience on a PC without having to buy a Sony Reader. I own 5 portable devices already. They become expensive after a while

At least with iTunes, you could download that without buying an ipod.

Does anyone know if the Connect software requires a serial number? And I'll ask my original question: how does the Librie viewer compare with the PRS 500 viewer?
Old 11-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
rjnagle, check here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8160
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
rjnagle
Zealot

if that iso is what I think it is, then my job has been made significantly easier! Thanks.
Advert