Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
Write MetaData changes to book files

Is there a way to get Calibre to write metadata changes to the actual book files without doing a conversion?

I cleared most of the tags in my book collection but when I send the files to my iPad, all the old tags are still there and get shown as categories in iBooks.

Thanks,

Tom
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman View Post
Is there a way to get Calibre to write metadata changes to the actual book files without doing a conversion?

I cleared most of the tags in my book collection but when I send the files to my iPad, all the old tags are still there and get shown as categories in iBooks.
With any other device I would say to delete the book from the device then resend the book to the device. I don't know if this means iTunes in your situation or not.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
In my experience on the iPad, only one tag is used as a category. Are you sure you aren't seeing some tags like 'History-nonfiction-humor' that are actually a single tag?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
ddt3
ddt3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I would very much like to know if there is an answer to this question:
I am using Calibre2OPDS and before generating my online catalog it would be great if metadata could be written to the ebook file.

Conversion is indeed a way to do this but it takes quite sometime for my complete database...
ddt3 is offline   Reply With Quote