Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
Filomena
Filomena began at the beginning.

Device: none
Stylesheet not linking

I am a student and have an assignment to create an epub with a stylesheet. When I did create the stylesheet it created an error: Click image for larger version

Name:	problem.png
Views:	419
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	152873

W3 said it had no errors on my css

I was not sure how to do it but I look at another girl style sheet and use it...modified it to my book but It did not work had error. did not link.

I posted to my professor and sent the below response ...I am not sure what he means. Click image for larger version

Name:	Question on CSS.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	152874

Here is my css sheet file:///C:/Users/Filomena/Documents/UA/575%20USER%20INTERFACE%20and%20WEB%20DESIGN/PROJECT%202/stylesheet3.html

Any thoughts ...?
Filomena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Your stylesheet is called stylesheet3.css, yet (according to your teacher) in your xhtml file your are referencing stylesheet.css. You also include a reference to page_styles.css, but that file is not part of your ePub, as far as I can see.

You can have as many stylesheets as you like in your ePub, and use as many of them in each xhtml file as you want, but you have to include references, in each xhtml file, to the stylesheets you want to apply to that file.

Including a stylesheet in your ePub has no effect until you include a reference to it somewhere. That's the error you see in calibre editor.

Last edited by Pablo; 11-08-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2016, 03:47 PM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
If you use an editor like Sigil (I assume Calibre does this as well, but I'm not sure how) you need to tell it to link the stylesheet and the editor will insert all of those lines on each html for you.

Here's how in Sigil (should be very similar in Calibre):
- Highlight all of the html files in your book browser (File Browser) that you wish to link
- Right click on one of those html files and select "Link Stylesheets"
- Put a check in the box(s) next to the stylesheets you wish to link, and select OK

Cheers!
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 07:41 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Note in Sigil:
If you use the Link Stylesheet tool that any declared (in the HTML files) stylesheets Not ticked will be de-referenced, so applly links in groups that use the same group of stylesheets
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote