Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-06-2018, 05:15 AM   #151
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Right now i'm trying to get epubcheck running, so i installed the jre-8u151-macosx-x64.dmg.
I don't have a Mac, but, IIRC, you'll need to install the Java jdk dmg.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #152
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Does it need javac to actually compile java code? If not, it sounds like a missing PATH issue.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2018, 08:45 AM   #153
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Does it need javac to actually compile java code?
I don't think so. (The command line is: "java -jar epubcheck.jar test.epub"

Please provide the OP with further instructions about checking and updating the path. If it doesn't work, s/he could still install the jdk image.

(When I tested the plugin on a friend's Mac last year, it wouldn't work until after the installation of the jdk img file. Maybe the jre installer doesn't set up the proper paths?)
Old 01-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #154
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
(When I tested the plugin on a friend's Mac last year, it wouldn't work until after the installation of the jdk img file. Maybe the jre installer doesn't set up the proper paths?)
That is what I think.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:15 AM   #155
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi Maui,

1. First trying restarting you Mac to force any PATH changes to be used

2. In Terminal.app please run the following commands:

echo ${PATH}

(I tried the above on my machine and it shows /usr/bin as being in my PATH)

whereis java

(on my Mac this returns /usr/bin/java)

which java

(on my Mac this returns /usr/bin/java)

env

(on my Mac there is no JAVA_HOME or any java related environment variables set)

java -version

(on my Mac this returns:

KevinsiMac:~ kbhend$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_73"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_73-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.73-b02, mixed mode)

)

3. Once we know where the jre binary in installed we can see if the issue is a missing path or a mssing environment variable.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Hi,

in the past i was able to solve any problems without posting any questions in the forum but to now i'm struggling a little bit.

I just bought a new mac book and was able to install sigil without any problems. i copied the sigil.ini, sigil clips und saver searches succesfully to the mac.

Right now i'm trying to get epubcheck running, so i installed the jre-8u151-macosx-x64.dmg. The installation went through without any error (succes message after installation), but the plugin is failing. The reason is clear: in the terminal a java -version command said no java installed and a popup is asking if i want to install java. Reinstalling does not change anything.

I know this is not really related to a sigil problem but currently io'm a little bit lost to find out where the problem is. Any help is appreciated.

Maui

Last edited by KevinH; 01-06-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Advert
Old 01-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #156
KevinH
Sigil Developer

BTW: On My Mac if I do an ls -l inside /usr/bin you will see that java is a symlink:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 74 6 Jan 2017 java -> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java

So looking in /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/

might be a good idea as well.

This is with Sierra, not High Sierra which I am staying away from until it is more stable.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #157
Maui
Connoisseur
Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2
Hi,

thank you very much for the quick help so far.

The root cause was not having my brain mounted

Reading the error message more carefully "jdk neccessary to be installed to execute command line" is exactly what doitso assuned: jre is not enough.

The only excuse i have is that jre was sufficient under windows.

Maui
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #158
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Then the jre package on Mac OSX must not install in the right place or not set the proper PATH.

Glad you got it working.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #159
Julie34
Enthusiast
Julie34 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, and...
Hello,
I have a small problem with epubcheck on an Asus (W10). Installed and reinstalled (just now) Sigil (last version) and the plugin, It pass testplugin but I get the message :

Running ePubCheck ... please wait
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\EpubCheck\plugin.py", line 118, in run
result = jarWrapper(*args)
File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\EpubCheck\plugin.py", line 30, in jarWrapper
process = Popen(list(args), stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)
File "subprocess.py", line 947, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 1224, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
Error: [WinError 2] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable

Thanks for your ideas
Julie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:46 AM   #160
Maui
Connoisseur
Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2
java jdk not instalkled
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #161
Julie34
Enthusiast
Julie34 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, and...
installed Java jdk and it works. Thanks a lot.
But it is the first time I had to do that on a computer after installing Sigil (and I do Java update).
Julie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #162
KevinH
Sigil Developer

FWIW, on a Mac every time you upgrade the major OS X version, the updater removes java, and I have to go and get it again and reinstall it.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:40 AM   #163
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Does anyone know if this plugin or epubcheck in general will run with Java 10? Thank you.

(I have it running nicely with Java 8, just wondering if I need to avoid upgrading to 10)
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:41 AM   #164
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Does anyone know if this plugin or epubcheck in general will run with Java 10? Thank you.
epubcheck works fine with Java 10. (The plugin doesn't care about the Java version.)
Old 09-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #165
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
epubcheck works fine with Java 10. (The plugin doesn't care about the Java version.)
Excellent.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote