Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 04:29 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Car Charger for the Old Sonys -- $3

Thought some might be interested in one of these. Car charger for the old Sonys with the round charging port. For $3 I ordered one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PRSA-C...wAAOSwrFtaFZBJ
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Alternatively, for both home and auto use, here's the Philips SGP5012 combo (AC/DC) PSP charger I bought years ago. I see prices as low as $6 - $8 for new.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Alternatively, for both home and auto use, here's the Philips SGP5012 combo (AC/DC) PSP charger I bought years ago. I see prices as low as $6 - $8 for new.
The car charger is probably not necessary but I thought it was kind of cool to see something specifically made for the Readers by Sony – still new in the box. I'll probably use two times in my life.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #4
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Or if you have a USB lighter socket charger with a PSP USB A type to bayonet connector charger cable then you can also charge your Sony reader. Most modern cars have a USB power outlet that can also be used with the PSP charge and computer interface cable for old Sony reader charging. Multiple ways to skin that cat.

Last edited by Richwood; 02-19-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:32 AM   #5
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Or if you have a USB lighter socket charger with a PSP USB A type to bayonet connector charger cable then you can also charge your Sony reader. Most modern cars have a USB power outlet that can also be used with the PSP charge and computer interface cable for old Sony reader charging. Multiple ways to skin that cat.
With your live of older gadgets I would have thought your car would be a classic without such modern features!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Received the charger today. Sealed (and relatively heavy) retail box. Included three documents, including a warranty (identical to Sony's Reader warranties). Heavy, high quality charger, 2000mA, 5.2 volts (with a fuse) and about an 8 foot cord (maybe 7 foot) – long enough that you can plug in the front in my wife's Hyundai and read comfortably anywhere in the back seat. I have no idea how they can sell and ship this for $3.

Last edited by rcentros; 02-23-2018 at 06:19 PM.