Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #1
Liufegi
Liufegi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD 3
Pocketbook HD 3, battery drains in a day without using it

Hello,
I just bought a brand new pocketbook HD 3, lovely device, but sadly something is wrong with it. When I received it, I charged it for 12 hours, as it is mentioned in manual. After disconnecting it, I went for university and when I came back in evening, it was discharged. I though there was some mistake, and I charged it again. After charging it again, I spent like 15 minutes reading a book before it turned off and notified me that battery is low, I need to charge it. I charged it, and again after 20 minutes it is off. I have turned all automatic settings, wifi, bt, I have reinstalled firmware, nothing changed. The reader is brand new, I bought it unpacked, but I don't know if it is a software issue, or it is a hardware issue. Did anyone had any experience like that? Also, it freezes very often, even after reinstalled firmware, while it is in the book, or in homescreen. Pocketbook recommended me to do picture slideshow test, to check battery. But I can't do it, because it freezes after a few minutes. Did anyone had any battery and freezing related issues with pocketbook HD 3? If yes, please let me know how did you solved them.
Before I had pocketbook basic lux 3, and it was superb device, but hd3 is unusable right now.

Thank You in advance for Your thoughts
Liufegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:41 AM   #2
Liufegi
Liufegi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD 3
I did a small test. I have entirely deleted all data on reader, rewrote firmware and fully charged it.
Results - batter is barely working till it discharges on ~60%. After 60% pocketbook says that battery is too low and I should plug charger. Also, same problems with freezing, but now I think it is related to insufficient power supply. I will contact seller and pocketbook. And test they gave me, putting pocketbook on slideshow mode lasted around an hour with freezing in between.
So here is my little observation about touch HD 3.
Liufegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
I had the same problem on my device (Inkpad 3). This all points to battery problems.
Slide show test should last at least 5 hours of uninterrupted slide show.
Check battery condition. My advice is to find any li ion battery replacement. Cheers!
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Battery problems... Check my posts about resolving this issue. Cheers!
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #5
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liufegi View Post
Hello,
I just bought a brand new pocketbook HD 3, lovely device, but sadly something is wrong with it. When I received it, I charged it for 12 hours, as it is mentioned in manual. After disconnecting it, I went for university and when I came back in evening, it was discharged. I though there was some mistake, and I charged it again. After charging it again, I spent like 15 minutes reading a book before it turned off and notified me that battery is low, I need to charge it. I charged it, and again after 20 minutes it is off. I have turned all automatic settings, wifi, bt, I have reinstalled firmware, nothing changed. The reader is brand new, I bought it unpacked, but I don't know if it is a software issue, or it is a hardware issue. Did anyone had any experience like that? Also, it freezes very often, even after reinstalled firmware, while it is in the book, or in homescreen. Pocketbook recommended me to do picture slideshow test, to check battery. But I can't do it, because it freezes after a few minutes. Did anyone had any battery and freezing related issues with pocketbook HD 3? If yes, please let me know how did you solved them.
Before I had pocketbook basic lux 3, and it was superb device, but hd3 is unusable right now.

Thank You in advance for Your thoughts
Have them give you another one. Pocketbook does have good customer service (at least in Europe).
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:23 AM   #6
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

^ Definitely don't buy a replacement battery yourself; this is clearly a factory fault and Pocketbook should give you a new one. If they don't I'll be astounded.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:06 AM   #7
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Just thought of something: Before returning the device, check whether it is actually the charger that is malfunctioning. Try another microUSB charger that you know is reliable. I think it's unlikely, since the device seems to report a fully charged battery, but hey why not rule it out.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:45 PM   #8
MciMc8
MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Hi
I agree with Vladimir. Battery issues which I think have to do with sleep mode. Do you have a protective cover with the magnets that will put your inkpad into sleep mode? I threw mine away because I just put a third battery in mine. The second battery 'failed' after it went into sleep mode. With mine it will power on but it won't stay on unless I connect to a charger or a power bank. As soon as I installed the third battery it goes back to running normally.
good luck,
Chris
MciMc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:49 PM   #9
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
About power saving mode: When the white LED stays on, it means the CPU is running and drains battery (on PB740, lasts slightly over a day).

So if it's just that, it can be software/settings issue, perhaps as simple as turning wifi off.
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:38 PM   #10
MciMc8
MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.MciMc8 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Seems to me that Vladimir and I had the same problem with the battery/software getting stuck in sleep mode. My inkpad wouldn't run at even 95 to 100 % power indicated on the battery without being plugged in. Curious about how Pocketbook handles this case -- keep us posted.
MciMc8 is offline   Reply With Quote