Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
ak2
ak2 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
2 kindles on one account

Hello,

I've got me and my mum a kindle 3g. We both love it!.

The problem is i gave my 1st kindle to my mum and ordered myself another one(2nd Kindle). When i go to buy/download books on Amazon its always my mums (1st)kindle that appears on the "Deliver to/ Send Sample To" drop down box.

Most(all) of the time i just forget to click the drop down box to select my kindle. So all my samples and books end up going to my mums kindle first and mine go to the Archives.

Is there a way to push my kindle up on that list, so that my mums one appears lower down(1st kindle becomes 2nd kindle). I could swap the kindles, but I've spent a lot of time sorting her collections and books with her preference, ready for her to read and mine are different.

Thanks
Nina
ak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Change you Kindle's name so that yours comes first aphabetically. My Mom's Kindle is "Z Mom's Kindle".
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
phil75070
Enthusiast
phil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enoughphil75070 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
ProfCrash is correct, The devices in the drop down are listed in ascending alphabetical order. If you change it, won't your Mother then experience the same problem you are facing? Whose better equipped to remember to use the drop down or suffer the impatience of having to take that second step and go to the Archive?
phil75070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil75070 View Post
ProfCrash is correct, The devices in the drop down are listed in ascending alphabetical order.
I'm not sure that's correct. My list has "Harry's Kindle 3" before "Harry's iPad". That's not ascending alphabetical order.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Could be that the Kindle's list first and then the other devices.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
ak2
ak2 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Thank you for your responses.

I put a dot before my Kindle name and that brought it at the top of the list.

I handle all the setup(online/offline) for my mum, so it wont be a problem for her.

Last edited by ak2; 12-29-2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: add info
ak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not sure that's correct. My list has "Harry's Kindle 3" before "Harry's iPad". That's not ascending alphabetical order.
But it is in ASCII order.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It looks like Amazon groups kindles and non kindles as separate groups and sorts those groups in alphabetical order putting the kindles ontop and non kindles after that.

I have 10 kindles and 12 non kindles on my account
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3g