Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-20-2020, 03:09 AM   #31
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Should you get a .co domain name?

Lots of Brits think TBL invented The Internet.

BR
Ok - .co one of those things that never caught on. like .biz ( I had that once, it got kinda embarrassing )

I have only ever seen .co on a few somewhat dodgy streaming sites
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:31 AM   #32
Uncle Robin
Addict
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Ok - .co one of those things that never caught on. like .biz ( I had that once, it got kinda embarrassing )

I have only ever seen .co on a few somewhat dodgy streaming sites
I remember reading somewhere that the tiny Pacific nation of Tuvalu got a nice pay day from selling off its cc tld ".tv"
Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2020, 06:54 PM   #33
bubbas45
bubbas45 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Touch, Kindle Fire, Kindle 2, Galaxy S3
I don't hang out here on MobileRead Forums, I drift in and out a couple of times per year. I was unaware of the changes to CC until this evening. My iPad was still on the old, good, simple, useful, original CC this morning. This evening, I was shocked to find the amateur version. I had no idea. I thought I had auto-update disabled; sadly, no.

It blows my mind that the first thing done by the new owner was to change the look and utility of the app. Dude, why not let it ride, actually get to know the customer base and the app, before making changes according to your "vision"? It's like, IDK, buying a thoroughbred racehorse and then dressing it in a clown suit and hitching it to an overloaded wagon just to put your stamp on it.

There's no way I would ever subscribe to the new CC. It's not worth that much to me.

What I would happily pay for (one time, again) is the ability to revert to the lovely version I used this morning.

bws
bubbas45 is offline   Reply With Quote