Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-27-2020, 01:01 AM   #1
Neil
Groupie
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini4, iPad Pro, Kindle HD 8, Kindle Oasis 2
iPhone Fails But iPads Connect

Having problems here. I was setting up to use CC again after not using it at all for a while. My new iPhone (11 MaxPro) failed to connect either to the Content Server or as a wireless device. Calibre's content server was working and the test function accessed it fine. After changing IP addresses to no effect I was stumped. I just decided to try one of my iPads (a mini 5). It connects 100%. So I then tried my old second gen 10.5" iPad Pro and it too connects 100%. The iPhone will not connect at all. All the devices are running the latest Systems. What could possibly be happening on the iPhone that would not be the same as on the iPads???? Thanks for any help or ideas.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:22 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Having problems here. I was setting up to use CC again after not using it at all for a while. My new iPhone (11 MaxPro) failed to connect either to the Content Server or as a wireless device. Calibre's content server was working and the test function accessed it fine. After changing IP addresses to no effect I was stumped. I just decided to try one of my iPads (a mini 5). It connects 100%. So I then tried my old second gen 10.5" iPad Pro and it too connects 100%. The iPhone will not connect at all. All the devices are running the latest Systems. What could possibly be happening on the iPhone that would not be the same as on the iPads???? Thanks for any help or ideas.
Could be that your iPhone is using the cell network rather than WiFi. I would look at the network setting to make sure that it's connecting wifi and that it's connecting to the correct network. Also could be that you are running a firewall on your iPhone. Those are the two things that I would check first.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
Neil
Groupie
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini4, iPad Pro, Kindle HD 8, Kindle Oasis 2
Thank you! That was it. I had thought to check the network connectivity but I had forgotten completely about a VPN service I had taken a free trial on months and months back. It's called HideMy.app and require you to not only have the app installed but to setup a communications profile for it in settings. Although I had deleted the (IMHO rather worthless) app I had never uninstalled the profile. Once I did that it was back to all-operational on the iPhone again! Yay!!!!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:08 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thank you! That was it. I had thought to check the network connectivity but I had forgotten completely about a VPN service I had taken a free trial on months and months back. It's called HideMy.app and require you to not only have the app installed but to setup a communications profile for it in settings. Although I had deleted the (IMHO rather worthless) app I had never uninstalled the profile. Once I did that it was back to all-operational on the iPhone again! Yay!!!!
Glad to hear that it worked.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote