Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 04-05-2007, 07:21 AM   #46
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Ashkulz,
Your magic seems to have made the ImageMagick error disappear, but that original pesky error we where getting before still exists:
I assume you got the PNG page images done properly? That means that there's only a little more to go ;-)

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/mikekrup/Desktop/pdfread-v4-src/src/pdfread.py", line 496, in ?
PdfConverter().main()
File "/Users/mikekrup/Desktop/pdfread-v4-src/src/pdfread.py", line 319, in main
delete = self.FORMATS[self.options.format](self)
File "/Users/mikekrup/Desktop/pdfread-v4-src/src/pdfread.py", line 260, in generate_lrf
from pylrs.pylrs import Book, PageStyle, BlockStyle, ImageStream, BlockSpace, ImageBlock
File "/Users/mikekrup/Desktop/pdfread-v4-src/src/pylrs/pylrs.py", line 11
from elementtree.ElementTree import (Element, SubElement)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Now this is really weird. That is a SyntaxError, not an ImportError as I assumed earlier. I can't see why it is so, it works perfectly well for me. Can you open that file, and remove the brackets after import eg. make it "import Element, SubElement"? Maybe it isn't valid syntax in python 2.3. If you get further errors, I would recommend upgrading to Python 2.4 and trying again as pylrs is written by Falstaff and I don't really know the code that well.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #47
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
It works! PDFRead runs great on OS X!

Upgraded python to 2.4.3, and everything works!

Instructions to come eventually!
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #48
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader

Instructions for running PDFRead on Mac OS X have been posted here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4075#post64075

Did I miss anything?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:40 AM   #49
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykrupa

Did I miss anything?
Cool! That means now OS X users will be able to use PDFs directly.

I will be creating a new release shortly which will remove the need for a lot of the workarounds needed right now, and then update the release notes.

Thanks for providing such detailed installation instructions!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #50
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader

It's the least I could do. You gave me PDFRead!
Advert
Old 04-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #51
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykrupa

Did I miss anything?
Super! I'm also an OSX user, and had been waiting for this to get sorted before trying PDFreader (though meanwhile I've been a bit distracted because I now have an iLiad as well as my eBw 1150).

Thanks!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #52
ashkulz
Addict

Okay, new version released. Changes in this version:
  • added a README
  • add DJVU input support
  • allow specifying custom options in the Windows GUI
  • OS X support fixes (based on sammykrupa's input)
  • tweaks in the EB-1150 and REB-1200 profile
  • do not split page if the generated image width/height is less than the device parameters. This caused too many blank pages to be created.

sammykrupa/nekokami: can you see if the installation instructions for OS X I have included are proper?

Last edited by ashkulz; 04-06-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #53
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Sweet DJVU support, that's awesome! I was kind of hoping for this to get the few books in that format onto my Reader. Have you any experience with the IMP format?
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #54
ashkulz
Addict

Do you mean for importing IMP? That's a dead-end format from which you can never convert back to anything -- I know, I tried reverse-engineering it a while back but gave up and bought a 1100. The ProcessText people are attempting to build one, but it may take some time (possibly never).

However, using PDFRead you can convert *to* IMP as long as you have eBook Publisher installed.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #55
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'll try to test tonight or tomorrow.

Darn, if I'd known this was coming, I might have held off on buying that iLiad... though plenty of fun things are happening there, too.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #56
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Hmmm, I was hoping it wasn't. I found a tool on the Russian website where Book Designer is found called Win unIMP and got my hopes up. It appears to deconstruct the IMP's into to a resource directory, but I can't make anything out of the results. I checked the web looking for more details, but all I found were technical specs of the directory's contents; nothing that I saw was leading me in the right direction. I guess my only alternative is to convert it to PDF using the eBook Viewer and resize to Reader specs. I'm sure there has to be a way to get the stuff out of there is a piece of software on your PC can display it for you (it even lets you select words/paragraphs/etc.).

Thanks for the input!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #57
ashkulz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
Darn, if I'd known this was coming, I might have held off on buying that iLiad... though plenty of fun things are happening there, too.
Well, that's one of the main reasons why I'm sticking to the REB1100. I was tempted briefly to get one of the Bookeen eReaders, but that was taking some time and the high price discouraged me. The main reason for me to upgrade (PDF support) is there in my 1100, I can live without the fantastic screen till the prices drop dramatically -- I expect that will happen when color eInk screens are released and start getting used in a year or two.

The one thing I'd buy in a second without (much) regard to price would of course be the InfoPad, if it ever gets done :-)
Old 04-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #58
ashkulz
Addict

PDFRead now officially has a home at SourceForge (I've been using their file release system for a while).

Please note that it may take some time for all the mirrors to get the new releases, so try again later if it doesn't work immediately.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:12 AM   #59
ashkulz
Addict

Hmm, I'm kind of running out of ideas on what new features to add. Do any of you have any suggestions/features that you'd like to see added in the next release (if any)?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #60
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader

Tested v5 with generating lrf files on Mac OS X.

Worked great!

Instructions were also proper.