Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #1
WindowsLife
WindowsLife began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Failing to install due to old broken installation

https://imgur.com/a/VNYR2T5

The most relevant views. I'm trying to "re"install Calibre 64 bit 3.23 but it's failing because I was unable to uninstall my old version since one of my harddrives failed catastrophically overnight. I removed a key in my registry so that Calibre no longer shows up in the program list as you can see but somewhere the installer still knows about the old install and will not work since it can't uninstall this old version that doesn't exist. I can only get this far into the install because I changed the drive path of a USB to the old drive's path. I'm going to try installing CCleaner now to see if that can do something other than the registry work I already did. Thanks
WindowsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
WindowsLife
WindowsLife began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I ran CCleaner, saw it delete some more things in the registry with Calibre in the drive path but the same problems persist.
WindowsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In the interim you could install the 32bit version, it will use existing libraries and configuration settings, assuming you haven't lost them in the hard drive crash. The only downside is that very large conversions may fail due to insufficient memory.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote