Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Is There Something We Should Know About DXG?

I've been curious about the DXG ever since I got a Kindle 3. Today I was poking around on Amazon and discovered that suddenly there are very few slip cases and the only cover I found that was being actively offered is the one Amazon sells. The rest look like closeouts.

This is the same pattern we saw just before the release of the K3. Of course, there could be other reasons for this to happen. I've seen the speculation about a new Kindle release about to come this Spring and it all makes me wonder if Amazon is finally getting ready for a new DX.

For me, they can keep 3G and give me Wifi, a better PDF rendering engine and an SD slot because 4GB isn't enough for PDFs. So I'm going to keep watching.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
MichelRenaud
Connoisseur
MichelRenaud began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Leaving speculation and conspiracy theories aside: Third-party manufacturers make accessories primarily for the most popular kid. At $139-189, the K3 is priced to sell, and that's where they money's at. There wasn't much available in terms of cases when I bought my DXG a few months ago either.
MichelRenaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Isnt that the truth! I thought the Kindle DXG was the top dog but the way the K3 has sold... well, it makes sense to put your efforts behind the best seller...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote