Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Pocketbook IQ Firmware

Is there any recently released firmware for the Pocketbook IQ?
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Yep, here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=799

but only beta and DRM is still not working, but apparently they have TTS now up and running.
Fork says the final release will be in the next few days, so maybe you get it by June or July
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Thank you. I will give it a try in a couple of days when I get home. What are some of the enhancements of the new firmware?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
aldpam
aldpam began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
I have a ?,maybe someone can help me. I flashed the new fw, and it seems to have no problems except for the library.
When I went into library before, it had 2 shelves with icons that said favorites, and books. Now there are just 2 generic looking folders, that say pocketbook iq, and sd .
Also when I go into the folder/folders my books no longer have thumbnails.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
aldpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldpam View Post
I have a ?,maybe someone can help me. I flashed the new fw, and it seems to have no problems except for the library.
When I went into library before, it had 2 shelves with icons that said favorites, and books. Now there are just 2 generic looking folders, that say pocketbook iq, and sd .
Also when I go into the folder/folders my books no longer have thumbnails.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
That is because you are in the folder mode, you need to go the shelves mode to see favourites and all books.

Press the menu button (left) and press shelves.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
aldpam
aldpam began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
That is because you are in the folder mode, you need to go the shelves mode to see favourites and all books.

Press the menu button (left) and press shelves.

Cheers
OMG, I feel like such an idiot! Thank you so much!
aldpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
zetareticuli
Addict

What are some of the specific enhancements that the new image brings?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
What are some of the specific enhancements that the new image brings?
I don't know off hand and haven't had a chance to play with the new firmware yet.

I can say that the sleep function seems to be fixed. My IQ has not been waking up randomly over the last 2 days.

Cheers
Old 03-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
new iq firmware 2.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
Is there any recently released firmware for the Pocketbook IQ?
Just checked and new firmware for iq is now up. text to speech and running programs from sd card. I'm downloading now. it's 387 meg! Be sure to backup everything on your iq and run the update from the sd card.
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #10
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman2523 View Post
Just checked and new firmware for iq is now up. text to speech and running programs from sd card. I'm downloading now. it's 387 meg! Be sure to backup everything on your iq and run the update from the sd card.
Is this the 2.05? Where do you download it from? I just check the pocketbook-int website and it only shows 2.03
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
Is this the 2.05? Where do you download it from? I just check the pocketbook-int website and it only shows 2.03
2.0.5 has (apparently) been pulled back as stealthily as it was deployed to start with.
It may be back at some point or perhaps something else will replace it.
Nobody is talking, so...
(shrug)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
2.0.5 has (apparently) been pulled back as stealthily as it was deployed to start with.
It may be back at some point or perhaps something else will replace it.
Nobody is talking, so...
(shrug)
I wonder why since it is working well for me (at least the sleep/hibernate function).

Cheers
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I'm surprised too, since it works great, and I'm even happy with TTS.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Same here.
Other than the poor TTS engine and not being able to load my dicts, everything else is stable and functional. So far I've seen no reason to pull it back.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote