Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #166
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
My Pocketbook 302 - black - instructions in German (runs off to Pocketbook forum for some words in English) - 2 pin plug (whoops!) - and the smallest of small storage cards I've ever seen !

Many thanks to you all, especially Pshrynk for dying so well; Rock Lobster for bringing him back to life and giving us all a hard time with the many herrings.
Many thanks to MR for all it brings to our lives, especial thanks to Alex for making it all possible - and to the moderators for keeping us in line (mostly).

But we all knew that anyway !!!! .......
Congrats!!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #167
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Congratulations Geoff!
Enjoy your new toy and don't forget to let us know how you like it.

That was one beautiful thank-you post by the way, so let me second it
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #168
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
And the second half of the Red afterword. Read closely, it may come in handy soon...(On at least in the next six months. These 14 hours days sure get in the way of writing!)

I finished the e-book and sat back. Thump, thump went the feet on the desk. Mindy came in.

"Well, boss, did MTravelerH do it?"

"How much are you payin', Mindy?"

"One free zap pass."

"Whee, Big Bucks. For a couple of those kind of offers, I can retire."

"You look pretty much retired as it is."

"Now, now, the checks still clear."

I stretched. "Of course MTravelerH didn't do it. You can't see an invisible gibbon. That darn near gave it away, but they don't call him Rocky for nothing."

"Adrian did it?"

"'fraid so, Mindy. It wasn't murder, anyway. Adrian just got too excited when he saw Pshrynk trying' to make off with the Nook. He grabbed the crowbar away from Pshrynk and thwacked him a couple of time to get his attention. But he was excited, and forgot his own strength. Scratch one Pshrynk. Why Adrian was taking the security gig with him making money, hand over fist at his bar, I don't know. And I don't feel safe enough to ask, either. Besides, he's the holder of the secret Zany Carter recipe."

"But why didn't anybody notice he was gone from the front desk?"

"Two answers, one easy, and one not so easy.The easy one is everybody who was payin' attention was inside the hall, with a wall between them and the front desk. The not so easy one is that who knows more a temporal-spatial translocation that Adrian? He might have covered for himself."

"But, boss, why did MHTravelers take the rap?"

"I don't know, Mindy. And nobody's payin' me to find out..."
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #169
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, and Zippy, You'll have to do the French Translation...

Any Deustchlander volunteers???
Old 06-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #170
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
"But, boss, why did MHTravelers take the rap?"

"I don't know, Mindy. And nobody's payin' me to find out..."
What's yer goin' fee? I'm shure we could each chip in a nickle. We need to know!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #171
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
What's yer goin' fee? I'm shure we could each chip in a nickle. We need to know!
That's what they call a hook...See the next Red Adventure.

Coming sometime when I have the time to write it. (I worked a split shift 13 hours yesterday...)
Old 06-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #172
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I know. Mine was what I call an invitation to give us more!

Yowch (re 13 hr shift). Get some relaxation in there too!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #173
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I know. Mine was what I call an invitation to give us more!

Yowch (re 13 hr shift). Get some relaxation in there too!
Got the night off. But no pay. Strange job. Week after next I work deep night, Major release going in, I'll be working technical support. $42 an Hr (keep reminding myself).

The first half of the next Red is plotted, but it'll be awhile before I can write it. The writing bug pressure is building though...

I feel like Roger Stone at the beginning of The Rolling Stones.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #174
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
And the second half of the Red afterword. Read closely, it may come in handy soon...(On at least in the next six months. These 14 hours days sure get in the way of writing!)

Quote:
Oh, and Zippy, You'll have to do the French Translation...
i'll contract it out to the same crack team of squirrels who translated lobster's casebooks.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #175
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

i'll contract it out to the same crack team of squirrels who translated lobster's casebooks.

only as long as those translators leave out all the red herrings this time ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #176
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
only as long as those translators leave out all the red herrings this time ...
Pfffft. That would be too boring.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote