Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 04:24 AM   #16
red_dragon
Daywalker
red_dragon is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
ssh is indeed working now - great! Works like a charm.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #17
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
I've also installed the latest OI version (20090508) on my Hanlin V3-ext, installed the driver Linux USB/Ethernet driver for Windows/XP but as soon as I connect the USB cable, a red light starts flashing in the upper left hand corner, the Hanlin gets completely blocked (hard-reset necessary) and just after a few minutes I see a new network connection in Windows/XP but that cannot be enabled. Anybody any ideas?

Thanks..Dick

PS. Without the driver installed, the light becomes steady red when I connect the USB cable and I can normally use the Hanlin.

Last edited by cloggy; 07-26-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 07:22 AM   #18
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
I've also installed the latest OI version (20090508) on my Hanlin V3-ext, installed the driver Linux USB/Ethernet driver for Windows/XP but as soon as I connect the USB cable, a red light starts flashing in the upper left hand corner, the Hanlin gets completely blocked (hard-reset necessary) and just after a few minutes I see a new network connection in Windows/XP but that cannot be enabled. Anybody any ideas?
What is it that you are trying to do?
If you are refering to using the Linux.inf file in Windows, the instructions are located in the last paragraph here:
http://openinkpot.org/wiki/SSHAccess

BTW, the SSH connection does not work correctly in Windows XP when I have tried it. It works great from Linux.

Quote:
PS. Without the driver installed, the light becomes steady red when I connect the USB cable and I can normally use the Hanlin.
That is just as it should be. You can charge the battery while reading.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #19
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
as soon as I connect the USB cable, a red light starts flashing in the upper left hand corner, the Hanlin gets completely blocked (hard-reset necessary)
Definitely kernel panic, though it's hard to figure out what went wrong exactly. jekhor will make a specialized firmware a bit later, with debugging information enabled and special scripts to capture and save error message.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #20
cloggy
Connoisseur

@dave_S: I followed the instructions as described on that page and believe I me, I doubled checked it several times before I posted my problem...;-)

@dottedmag: How will I be notified about this special firmware version? I'm more than happy to install it.
I've also discovered that I could only delete some files from the main memory as long as they do not have the .prc extension.. If I specify to delete such a file and confirm it with option 2...nothing happens. Is file deletion limited to particular extensions or is this a bug?

Thanks...Dick
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #21
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@dave_S: I followed the instructions as described on that page and believe I me, I doubled checked it several times before I posted my problem...;-)
If you need SSH into OI, you will have a lot better experience doing it from a Linux machine. I have not heard of anyone having much luck with SSH into OI with a Windows machine, as I mentioned previously.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #22
cloggy
Connoisseur

..unfortunately, I have not a Linux system available...
Old 07-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #23
MikusR
MikusR began at the beginning.

Device: lBook V3
With snapshot 20090508 and linux.inf from http://openinkpot.org/wiki/SSHAccess it works great in Windows using http://winscp.net/eng/index.php to transfer files.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #24
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
@dottedmag: How will I be notified about this special firmware version?
Open a ticket describing your bug, and you'll be notified when comment is posted to this ticket.

Quote:
I've also discovered that I could only delete some files from the main memory as long as they do not have the .prc extension.. If I specify to delete such a file and confirm it with option 2...nothing happens. Is file deletion limited to particular extensions or is this a bug?
Bug. I'm sure it is already fixed - bookshelf has been rewritten from scratch recently, and will be available in next snapshot.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #25
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikusR View Post
With snapshot 20090508 and linux.inf from http://openinkpot.org/wiki/SSHAccess it works great in Windows using http://winscp.net/eng/index.php to transfer files.

Thank you for that information. I gave up on the Windows/OI combination a few snapshots back, so now I am going to give your suggestion a try.

EDIT:

Way cool!!! WinSCP works GREAT with OpenInkpot!!!!!!

Last edited by Dave_S; 07-27-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Report Suggestion Results
Old 07-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #26
cloggy
Connoisseur

Re-installed the driver using these descriptions (http://docwiki.gumstix.org/index.php/Windows_XP_usbnet) and the problem is exactly the same. As requested by dottedmag, I've opened a ticket (#381).

Regards...Dick
Old 08-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #27
cloggy
Connoisseur

I'm using snapshot 20090508..are there any plans to have a more recent version available shortly?

regards....Dick

BTW..the latest Hanlin firmware (2.10.20090803) is still light-years behind OI..
Old 08-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #28
Xachariah
Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Bebook
I'm also using snapshot 20090508, I can't help noticing there is still no key lock. Key lock is literally the only additional thing I could possibly want with Open Inkpot. Pretty much every other firmware for every other reader has it so it's somewhat of a glaring omission.

It's very impressive though, that the only issue I have with the firmware is that sometimes some buttons get pushed while I'm carrying it about. It is a niggling annoyance to find my place again when it happens, though. I hope this issue can be addressed for the next snapshot, but it's been absent so long I'm not really keeping my hopes up.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #29
pbow9
pbow9 began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xachariah View Post
I'm also using snapshot 20090508, I can't help noticing there is still no key lock. Key lock is literally the only additional thing I could possibly want with Open Inkpot. Pretty much every other firmware for every other reader has it so it's somewhat of a glaring omission.

It's very impressive though, that the only issue I have with the firmware is that sometimes some buttons get pushed while I'm carrying it about. It is a niggling annoyance to find my place again when it happens, though. I hope this issue can be addressed for the next snapshot, but it's been absent so long I'm not really keeping my hopes up.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there new snapshots at this link?

http://openinkpot.org/pub/snapshots/
Old 08-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #30
Xachariah
Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Xachariah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Bebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbow9 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there new snapshots at this link?

http://openinkpot.org/pub/snapshots/
I didn't know anything about them, thanks. I may try the latest then.