Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
peterloron
peterloron began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Stanza
Question Method for seeing only the recent imports

Last night I ran into a situation that has plagued me from time to time. I imported 30 or so books, which already had some metadata. I then accidentally sorted by author or some such. The books were then lost in the maze of my library.

Is there any way to sort by import date (as opposed to the publish date) or a way to filter out things that have been imorted in the current Calibre session?

Thanks.

-Pete
peterloron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterloron View Post
Last night I ran into a situation that has plagued me from time to time. I imported 30 or so books, which already had some metadata. I then accidentally sorted by author or some such. The books were then lost in the maze of my library.

Is there any way to sort by import date (as opposed to the publish date) or a way to filter out things that have been imorted in the current Calibre session?

Thanks.

-Pete
Calibre's "Date" field is the import date, if no other date was on the book when imported. Sorting by that date should work. It's separate from the publish date.
You can also tell Calibre to automatically add a tag when book is imported, then remove it later.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterloron View Post

Thanks.

-Pete
I use the automatic tag feature to add a tag "00new".
A quick Search: tag:00new, lets me see how far I am behind

When I am done Reviewing and Fixing, I remove the tag from the book.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
peterloron
peterloron began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Stanza
Ah, ok thanks!
peterloron is offline   Reply With Quote