Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2017, 09:18 PM   #2311
Lowantong
Lowantong began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I do wish you would update your device listing in your info box or at least mention what model you are talking about in each post.
It would save us both a lot of time.
I went back to:
https://www..com/forums/showthread.p...postcount=2246
64 posts and several pages back - -
To discover you are working with a KOA not a PW3.

So to correct my last post:

See where you:

Well, delete it, it will not work on a KOA.
It is not suppose to work on either 8th. generation device, Amazon dropped support for 'active documents'.

You MUST use the booklet form of KUAL.
You MUST use MrPI to install the booklet form of KUAL.
You MUST use the search bar command:
;log mrpi
The semi-colon is part of the command to run MrPI.

The only reason for the error you are seeing now is because you are trying to use the build of KUAL which is not suppose to work on a KOA.
The only thing it will do on either a KT3 or a KOA is produce the error message you posted.
What you are seeing and reporting is the reason we made a booklet form of KUAL.

The released post here below
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2246
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2247
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2267
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2290
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2291
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2304
Lowantong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:19 PM   #2312
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowantong View Post
In my country:
2310 - 2246 == 64

You think I am suppose to keep track of what device you are writing about?
As if I don't have anything better to do in-between your posts.

Now, follow the directions in my most recent post.
The error message you are seeing is the result of you not following the directions in Step. #8.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2017, 11:34 PM   #2313
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
One more piece of information.
The voice update that amazon provides are packaged in the same bundle type as the factory images, and they also no longer work on version 5.8.8+, for the same reasons as the factory images.

Code:
170725:032219 OTAController[2265]: I UserstoreScannerImpl:scanFile:filname=update_voice_kindle_all_new_paperwhite.bin:Parsing update file
170725:032219 OTAController[2265]: E BundleValidator:validateBundle:FB02 bundle applied on FB03 bundle:
170725:032219 tmd[2287]: I lipc_cb_cmd:Connection Util Event:event = 2:
170725:032219 contentpackd[3499]: I def:initializeChecksum:checksum:776909d89af060e2f97f7a23d093d95a:
170725:032219 contentpackd[3499]: I def:fullscan:Checksum:776909d89af060e2f97f7a23d093d95a:Checksum verification successful
170725:032219 OTAController[2265]: I UserstoreScannerImpl:scanFile:Bundle validation failed:

I'm interested by this statement.

Code:
If you’ve recently factory reset your Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation), you will need to re-download the audio file for your device.

To download and install the audio file: 
1. Download Audio file for Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation)
2. Turn on your Kindle and plug it into your computer using the USB cable.
3. Drag and drop the file from your computer into the Kindle drive.
4. Monitor the transfer to ensure the file transfers successfully.
5. Eject the Kindle to safely disconnect your Kindle from your computer, and then disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.
6. Hold the power button on your Kindle for 20 seconds.
7. Wait one minute while your Kindle restarts and installs the voice file.
8. After successfully downloading the audio file for your device, Kindle books compatible with VoiceView will be available when you connect your adapter and a pair of headphones to your Kindle.
Where it tells people to reboot, instead of using "install update", this is something that I had found, you can trigger an update before it gets deleted by rebooting the device while sill plugged in as a usb drive, but the log files will show the same messages about not being able to install FB02 bundle.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:09 AM   #2314
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The Kindle can not chew gum and spit at the same time.

I.E: The filesystem area exported as USB storage is not available to the internal system while it is exported.
Just as it is not available to the user when it is available to the internal system.

That is, the area is not shared, it is switched.

Which is just dumb, it could be a "Windows shared drive" - -
Linux and MacOSx are able to join a "Windows share" also, usually without even adding any add-ins.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:20 AM   #2315
Lowantong
Lowantong began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
In my country:
2310 - 2246 == 64

You think I am suppose to keep track of what device you are writing about?
As if I don't have anything better to do in-between your posts.

Now, follow the directions in my most recent post.
The error message you are seeing is the result of you not following the directions in Step. #8.
I’m sorry that I missing mention in before. Whatever run KUAL or input ;log mrpi to the search bar, both of them are not work.

In the last year, I tested G0B0GDxx, G0B0GUxx and G0B0GCxx versions according to your method, it workable. Recently, I get one G0B0GRxx version, I wondering it workable or not by same method. So therefore, I do testing and find it not work with G0B0GRxx version.
Lowantong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2017, 06:36 AM   #2316
macsek
eReader fan
macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Currently using Kindle PaperWhite 4 /32. Also have a Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
If you are able to give us that build ID, knc1 might be willing to add it to the exceptions.

Like you saw on my post, I have a very strong conclusion that any version you get direct from the store will be able to be downgraded, as long as you do not let it do an update on wifi first. ( for now, until they change something ) But it would be good to get your build number for future readers if you still have it.
Unfortunately I either had not written it for myself or just could not find it yesterday night (that's why I had written not 3175970011). In case I would find it I will post the build ID for reference. Will try again at home.

Interesting part is however, that I did sync it and even "bought" some free books to test the new functionalities.
probably but "bought" a children's book (The Bath Time Book, it was free some days before), which changes the reader to landscape mode, including system menus, has greyed out Aa menu, page overview or multi-page view is absent (no menu visible for them) and it changes back to portrait mode when exiting the book.
I have also discovered that the new books (like London Travel Guide, it is still free now) have a 9 pages overview, which my sideloaded, calibre converted books does not. (3 by 3 points pager button is greyed out on the bottom of a page when pressing top row for menu, just the bar-box-bar button next to it is active which displays a smaller view of the page)
macsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #2317
favero_
Enthusiast
favero_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I just got the kindle, a paperwhite 3. I turned on and registered so I could have access to the menus and everything, and put it in airplane mode. I didn't download any content.

Should I reset the kindle before continue? If so, I'll have to turn it on and register again before putting in the computer and putting the JB file?
favero_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:41 AM   #2318
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by favero_ View Post
I just got the kindle, a paperwhite 3. I turned on and registered so I could have access to the menus and everything, and put it in airplane mode. I didn't download any content.

Should I reset the kindle before continue? If so, I'll have to turn it on and register again before putting in the computer and putting the JB file?
If it is a brand new kindle, and you have not done anything, it is reasonably safe to continue without the actual reset part, but be aware that not following the directions makes it a lot harder to get help.

You don't need to re-register the PW3. If you do the reset, it will ask you to connect to wifi to register.

Say yes until you get to the part where you choose your wifi name. At that point there is a cancel / continue later button.

You can hit that, and it will take you to the home screen, with a continue registering option. But instead of continuing to register, you can do all the rest of the jailbreak steps.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #2319
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsek View Post
"bought" a children's book (The Bath Time Book, it was free some days before), which changes the reader to landscape mode, including system menus, has greyed out Aa menu, page overview or multi-page view is absent (no menu visible for them) and it changes back to portrait mode when exiting the book.
Children's books and comics use a fixed layout format that can enable the features you describe. Details of how to produce these are found in the Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsek View Post
I have also discovered that the new books (like London Travel Guide, it is still free now) have a 9 pages overview, which my sideloaded, calibre converted books does not. (3 by 3 points pager button is greyed out on the bottom of a page when pressing top row for menu, just the bar-box-bar button next to it is active which displays a smaller view of the page)
That feature is called Page Flip and is only enabled for books in KFX format.

I recommend asking further questions of this type in the main Kindle user's forum.

Last edited by jhowell; 07-25-2017 at 01:52 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #2320
macsek
eReader fan
macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Currently using Kindle PaperWhite 4 /32. Also have a Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I recommend asking further questions of this type in the main Kindle user's forum.
Thanks jhowell for both the answers and the direction where should I continue discussing about sw features.

Back to the topic: I have checked my notes about my Voyage and had not recorded the build ID just the version number.

But we might ask @favero_ to write the software version including build ID of the mentioned brand new PW3. Please
macsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:56 PM   #2321
DangerCat
DangerCat began at the beginning.

Device: KOA
Hey 5.8.10 has come out in the last week. Can anyone confirm jailbreak survives this update? I'm on an Oasis.
DangerCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:05 AM   #2322
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
Hey 5.8.10 has come out in the last week. Can anyone confirm jailbreak survives this update? I'm on an Oasis.
If it already has the jailbreak, it survives. You just need to reinstall Mrpi and any other hacks.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:18 AM   #2323
DangerCat
DangerCat began at the beginning.

Device: KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
If it already has the jailbreak, it survives. You just need to reinstall Mrpi and any other hacks.
You are awesome! Also shoutout to knc1 and everyone who continues to work on this stuff. Recently jail broke my kindle thanks to all of you.
DangerCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:07 AM   #2324
methujeraya
methujeraya began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3
Jailbreak 5.8.10

Never had my Kindle PW3 Jailbreaked before. Now it's in 5.8.10. I notice that it keeps deleting any .bin file placed in root directory. Is there any way for me to downgrade it now?kindlefeedback@amazon.com
methujeraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:32 AM   #2325
anhyeuviolet
Reset
anhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PaperWhite Manga
Quote:
Originally Posted by methujeraya View Post
Never had my Kindle PW3 Jailbreaked before. Now it's in 5.8.10. I notice that it keeps deleting any .bin file placed in root directory. Is there any way for me to downgrade it now?kindlefeedback@amazon.com
Same here.
Look like there is no way to downgrade firmware.
So just wait for another JB realease
anhyeuviolet is offline   Reply With Quote